Multi-level skipdraw offset
Can this be realized? Suppose I only need to skip 7 and 9 drawcals, without affecting the 8 and the rest. Here's how I imagine it:
skipdraw offset=6 skipdraw=1 skipdraw offset2=1 skipdraw2=1 (something similar)
It's 2 levels, but they need a lot more. How to think?

Sponsored links

(02-06-2018, 03:47 PM)Ivan89el Wrote: Can this be realized? Suppose I only need to skip 7 and 9 drawcals, without affecting the 8 and the rest. Here's how I imagine it:
skipdraw offset=6 skipdraw=1 skipdraw offset2=1 skipdraw2=1 (something similar)
It's 2 levels, but they need a lot more. How to think?
No, you might need an infinite amount of skipdraws. If a game requires this, it's better to report the bad draws and request a CRC hack. Wink
(02-06-2018, 03:52 PM)FlatOut Wrote: No, you might need an infinite amount of skipdraws. If a game requires this, it's better to report the bad draws and request a CRC hack. Wink

Well, not infinite of course, but about 300-500. I would like to customize everything myself, and then report the exact settings for CRC hack.
I also think this would be useful for testers: you could catch all the problem drawcals.
Adding crc hacks isn't good practice. It would be better to fix the problem properly/emulate the effect.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(02-06-2018, 04:15 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Adding crc hacks isn't good practice. It would be better to fix the problem properly/emulate the effect.
Adding any hardware hack isn't good practice. It would be better to solve all GSdx rendering issues in one big fix. If you have one, please make a PR ASAP. Tongue2

If you don't have that fix and a game has broken draws at several locations, we should consider adding a CRC hack until the issue is properly fixed. Wink
Smile 
(02-06-2018, 04:15 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Adding crc hacks isn't good practice. It would be better to fix the problem properly/emulate the effect.

It's true, but today it's not real and we have to use hacks. Maybe someday in an uncertain future hacks will go down in history (dream Blush )
(02-06-2018, 04:20 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Adding any hardware hack isn't good practice. It would be better to solve all GSdx rendering issues in one big fix. If you have one, please make a PR ASAP. Tongue2
I've been cleaning up/purging CRC hacks here and there if that counts Tongue

(02-06-2018, 04:21 PM)Ivan89el Wrote: It's true, but today it's not real and we have to use hacks. Maybe someday in an uncertain future hacks will go down in history (dream Blush )
Maybe during 1.2.1 or lower versions but not now. Emulation has improved quite a bit, especially on OpenGL.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(02-06-2018, 04:32 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Maybe during 1.2.1 or lower versions but not now. Emulation has improved quite a bit, especially on OpenGL.
Indeed, the progress is significant, but unfortunately it is not enough to get rid of all the hacks Sad
(02-06-2018, 04:32 PM)lightningterror Wrote: I've been cleaning up/purging CRC hacks here and there if that counts Tongue
No, that doesn't count as those were ancient hacks(some were 10 years old...) that nobody checked up on in years. Tongue2
You might rememeber I've (re)moved several CRC hacks as well. Wink

There are still games which require hacks that currently have none. And there's no reason not to add a CRC hack if no option currently fixes it. It could take years before we find the proper fix for an issue.
anfd even then some hacks are used when you increase the internal resplution above 1x such as in FFXII with the blur effect when you set it to aggressive.