Music volume too high (or voice volume too low)
For some reason games I play in PCSX2 have a problem that the music volume seems to be higher than the voice volume. Is that something I can control in PCSX2 somehow or maybe some setting in my Windows 10 audio driver? (I haven't noticed the problem in normal games though).  I've noticed it in different games.

Sponsored links

check your listed speakers device(select playback device)...
they may came from audio jack,video card's HDMI,DP.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
If a games music is too loud and drowning out voices, that's simply a matter of changing sound settings in the game (if there are any).
(05-18-2018, 06:36 PM)pandubz Wrote: If a games music is too loud and drowning out voices, that's simply a matter of changing sound settings in the game (if there are any).

No options here, not even a generic volume setting in Xenosaga the one I'm playing now. I asked here because it happened in the previous game I was playing (Star Ocean till the end of time I think) and back then I thought it was just that particular game, but with Xenosaga too I started to think maybe it was some setting somewhere.

I noticed I have an application installed in the laptop called Beats Audio that comes with the laptop, when I opened it there was a setting between focus on music, voice or something else. It was on music, I switched it to voice and I think it's better (voice still drowned a bit but at least you can understand what they say).  But the main thing is I wanted to see if there was some audio driver setting in PCSX2 that controlled music separately from voice and I'm guessing there is no such thing, so I'll look elsewhere in my Windows settings (or perhaps the TV's settings).
Yeah PCSX2 does not have that level of control over game audio. Your PC's audio drivers may be able to do some interpolation work and fudge it around a bit, but it won't be too great (possible harmful to quality even). Otherwise any true balancing of music and voices will have to be in a game's settings, if they're there.