Muted sound on recent emulator builds
Haven't used the emulator for about 2 months, recently downloaded the latest build. at first I thought it seemed, then I compared it with an old assembly one year old. indeed, in recent assemblies, the sound is quieter by about 30% regardless of settings. Assemblies 2-3 months ago output sound at normal volume. Did the developers change something by default in the ini files, or why did this happen?

Sponsored links

Check your windows volume settings for pcsx2
Sometimes I forget I muted a program before and when I run it later,I wonder why there is no sound and it is because windows saves your volume settings per app...forever,until you change them again
(01-10-2021, 05:01 PM)vsub Wrote: Check your windows volume settings for pcsx2
Sometimes I forget I muted a program before and when I run it later,I wonder why there is no sound and it is because windows saves your volume settings per app...forever,until you change them again

In a for PCSX2 system, sound is on par with everything else. If it was because of this, then in older assemblies the sound would also be quiet

[Image: 151.png]
Yes we made it quieter because it was insanely loud. Having all your system sounds at 50% will be quiet.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-10-2021, 06:08 PM)refraction Wrote: Yes we made it quieter because it was insanely loud.  Having all your system sounds at 50% will be quiet.

Was this changed through ini edits or sewn upinto the emulator files themselves?
Is it realistic for me to return the previous volume level myself without resorting to the help of third-party programs?
it was hard coded in to the program, you should probably have your volumes are 100% for your programs (or close to) and control the system volume with your volume buttons, or if you use an inline control on headphones put everything up to full volume and lower your inline control.

Why change the volume scheme when you can just set the default volume to 50%? (so that there was a choice)

[Image: image.png]
because the sound coming out of the emulator was getting distorted, changing the output volume on the interface wouldn't have fixed that.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/3787

I thinked about it, because it was much louder than a Youtube Video which are already pretty loud on it's own.
Lowering doesn't fix the skipping and distortion on actual sound samples.