My 24 hour testing experience with 0.9.8
and another one of my questions that comes to mind, will it be possible in future releases that game fix patches and cheats can also be auto applied just like the game fixes, I see some other emulators has built in cheats like project 64 which can enable or disable the cheats anytime during gameplay

I know that playstation 2 and nintendo 64 are two different hardware entities
when it comes to performance and of course graphics, but can that feature be possible in PS2 emulation?

Sponsored links

I think you can by ticking enable cheats in the file/system menu
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-08-2011, 07:28 PM)dralor Wrote: Tales of Destiny movies are still broken from my testing. I wonder if the patch that has been committed for growlanser is a similar issue. It sounds similar to the movies freezing at random points but with tales of destiny they are shippable so it wasn't game breaking. However I don't have the growlanser games to check. Otherwise most games work as expected some have a few bugs but mostly of the graphical nature nothing gamebreaking.

Really? I never encountered broken movies in the version I have, maybe because we use different versions, mine is the director's cut of tales of destiny, so I never encountered any broken movies in my part.
(05-09-2011, 12:52 PM)refraction Wrote: I think you can by ticking enable cheats in the file/system menu

I must have misinterpreted what I have said, what I mean in built in cheats, is
that if PCSX2 can also have built in cheats pnach files already archived in the cheats folder and then can be enable or disable anytime during gameplay
or similar to PEC something like that.
So is mine but I guess it could be a bad rip. I thought that at first but then I remember being told way back when(a few years ago). That no that was a bug in PCSX2 by one or two of the coders. I'll make a new rip sometimes this week when I'm not swamped by work and test.
(05-09-2011, 09:07 AM)Buko Pandan Wrote: If you played Shadow of the Colossus, in what PC spec did you play it out? ( Whoops! Never mind don't tell me, I'm so blind, I did'nt saw your PC signature below your message. lol! I can see now, your PC is ten million, zillion light years far more better compared to mine, ha ha! )
as said from previous replies here, 3D games are having a hard time playing reasonable speeds in integrated video cards not to mention I've played this game only on a fairly poor integrated VRAM with only direct x 9 support and as I said, I tested these games without speed hacks, and no I never use framelimit disabling during my tests, but... I'll try it with speed hacks the next time I play it on my PC, and yeah, MS SAGA almost plays full speed even on my PC, except when there are fog effects, and I think I'll try testing all my games again with framelimiting disabled and I'll add some more games on the list, I still have some games that haven't been tested yet , guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

I'm actually on a laptop, yes it is faster than your PC, but it's still about upper-mid-range for PCSX2. I can run Onimusha Warlords at almost exactly 60 fps constant (I only tested the beginning part though), to give you an idea of where my PC is at. Really demanding games like Drakengard run slow for me. SotC without speedhacks runs at about 4 fps without speedhacks, but I'm getting full speed without for most of the game (actual framerate is probably a bit less than on an actual PS2 though, from memory). Some parts slow down to about 40 displayed, but I can fix that by lowering the NTSC framerate.

It's really cool what you're doing, though, since it provides a great basis for comparison to show what games someone can or can't run.

Also about framelimiting, you can really tell how well you can run a game by turning it off. For example, if you're getting 80 fps without framelimit, then you can conclude that the game will run fullspeed no matter what. For me, KH1 and 2 fall into that category, and I've also noticed that the Devil Summoner games run quite smoothly (even better than Nocturne, actually, and far better than DDS). Soul Nomad runs at about 200 fps... Blink Anyways, testing without framelimit can really give you an idea of whether you'll be "just managing to get a playable speed" or getting "full PS2 speed throughout".

Also, can you describe the Trapt glitches? I just dumped that game (bought it during a B2G2F sales a few weeks ago) and wanted to know how it runs.
HP dv7 laptop :: Intel Core i5-560M @ 2.66 GHz :: ATI Radeon HD 5650 :: 4GB RAM :: Windows 7 64-bit
[Image: sig.gif]
Hmm.. Never thought that framelimiting disabling can do something like that, I never actually tried using framelimiting disabled during my tests, until you told me to try disabling the framelimiter in the shadow of the colossus game, I tried that but unfortunately even with the framelimiter disabled the speed didn,t change for the better not even a single fps, seems like my computer reached it's limit in terms of speed, the games my computer normally can handle are 2d games only and semi 3d or a not - so - solid 3d graphics , and as of what you're asking about the glitch in the Trapt game,

The glitches I only saw is that the floors and ground in the cutscenes are somewhat invisible, the characters are somewhat standing in an invisible floor or how can I say it, some of the floor and ground textures are missing even on both hardware and software interlace, and regarding how it runs, it's playable for me, it runs about approximately 31 to 47 fps on cutscenes and a perfect 60 fps on missions, hope this information helped, I'll send some screenshots on my next posts to clear things up about the glitches. Cheers!
I played the NTSC J version of Shin Onimusha Dawn of Dreams on this version
a while back, it seems it broke in this version , the problem is, it's stuck on the capcom logo and it just freezes there, I tried activating some gamefixes
that might fix the problem but nothing worked. Does anyone experiencing the same problem?
Yeh it doesnt work, there are serious IPU problems related to this game. i keep meaning to look in to it, but i need a crash course in MPEG Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-11-2011, 01:24 PM)refraction Wrote: Yeh it doesnt work, there are serious IPU problems related to this game. i keep meaning to look in to it, but i need a crash course in MPEG Tongue

I see, thanks for the update, I'm still testing some more of my collections
I'll add some posts if I encounter more problems