My CPU
At the moment I currently have the following CPU, AMD Athlon x2 5200+ I was wondering if this is good enough to run the emulator at a good speed.. I seem to be having issues at the moment and cant seem to get good frame rate..

If its not my CPU maybe its my PCSX2 build? Could someone point me in the direction of the best build and plugins for it? (excluding bios of course)

Sponsored links

definitely. And you have even greater potential because you can Overclock it. I have a E2200 2.2 GHz and I OC'd it to 3.3. Run all of my games full speed.
-SPECS-
i5 3570K Ivy Bridge OC'd 4.5Ghz
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
Hmm I installed the CPU myself as well as quite a few of my PC parts but ive never overclocked it before, is it safe? ... Dont want it overheating on me Sad
If you know what you are doing, then is fine, but if you don't, try to search for a guide online. a safe bet is overclocking in little bits, so you can know when your cpu has reached its limits
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
Even if you overclocked an Athlon 5200+ you probably will not get full-speeds. I have a 5000+ and even when I overclock it I can't get full speeds.