My Controls Have Gone Mental, Please Help!
Hi,

I'm having an incredibly frustrating problem in WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011, where at a random point during the match, the game will just start playing itself.

I'll be in a match and suddenly the wrestler i am controlling will just start executing moves by themself. There is nothing i can do to stop it either; i have tried pressing every single button on my keyboard which corresponds to a key inside PCSX2, but nothing works. The wrestler just carries on performing moves and i'm not touching the keyboard.

The only way i can stop it is to exit PCSX2 altogether and start the whole game again. Just restarting the match in the game has no effect on the problem. As soon as the match restarts i loose control of my wrestler instantly.

I have searched this problem on the Internet for hours but have found nothing related to it whatsoever.

I need some desperate help to try and sort the problem out!

Any suggestions please?

Thanks! Smile

Sponsored links

Probably you have never faced that problem before? Not with other pc games? not with other ps2 games?

Which pad-plugin do you use? In general which pcsx2 version do you use and how have you configured it?
(04-26-2014, 08:17 PM)willkuer Wrote: Probably you have never faced that problem before? Not with other pc games? not with other ps2 games?

Which pad-plugin do you use? In general which pcsx2 version do you use and how have you configured it?

Thanks for the response. I have never experienced this problem before with any game on my laptop. The problem is unique to Smackdown vs Raw in PCSX2.

I am using PCSX2 version 1.2.1.

The controller is Lillypad (r5822) 0.11.0.

The settings i am using can be seen in the screenshots below.

[Image: ByfsQ0w.png]
[Image: RzNdGiJ.png]
Can you post the Emulation Settings? (like EE/IOP clamping mode etc....) and you are in Hardware mode or software mode? DirectX or Opengl?I need more info for help you....
(04-26-2014, 09:18 PM)axlffx2forever Wrote: Can you post the Emulation Settings? (like EE/IOP clamping mode etc....) and you are in Hardware mode or software mode? DirectX or Opengl?I need more info for help you....

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The information you requested can be seen below:

[Image: 10MTmAn.png]
[Image: tPypt9F.png]
[Image: sfMSnRQ.png]
[Image: Ig7Yknh.png]
[Image: K3MjbCd.png]
[Image: TpXM5pf.png]
[Image: XUvAnm6.png]
(04-26-2014, 09:18 PM)axlffx2forever Wrote: Can you post the Emulation Settings? (like EE/IOP clamping mode etc....) and you are in Hardware mode or software mode? DirectX or Opengl?I need more info for help you....

this wont be help, his game runs fine. try using directinput if your controller supports that.
Specifications:

AMD Sempron 3850 @ 1.3GHz
Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS
(04-26-2014, 10:48 PM)SimonStreakio Wrote: this wont be help, his game runs fine. try using directinput if your controller supports that.

I'm just using my laptop keyboard so i don't think Directinput is an option? I can't use a game controller because it would be really impractical when i'm out and about.
I could upload a video showing the problem, if anyone thinks it would help?
it is a strange problem... Maybe reinstalling pcsx2 can work.

Do you use some uncommon keyboard manufacturer? But I would expect to see similar problems with other games. Nevertheless can you try to replace our keyboard?

Do you use any cheats?

Is the wrestler doing the same move over and over again? If so, is it always the same move if you reload from memory card?
I have never played that game... but could it be some kind of a story or some super-move?
Did you tried changing the Keyboard API to Raw\Direct Input(you have to reconfigure your keys when you change the api).

Btw,when that happens switch to notepad and see if letters start to appear