My Controls Have Gone Mental, Please Help!
(04-27-2014, 12:28 PM)willkuer Wrote: it is a strange problem... Maybe reinstalling pcsx2 can work.

Do you use some uncommon keyboard manufacturer? But I would expect to see similar problems with other games. Nevertheless can you try to replace our keyboard?

Do you use any cheats?

Is the wrestler doing the same move over and over again? If so, is it always the same move if you reload from memory card?
I have never played that game... but could it be some kind of a story or some super-move?

Hmm, i didn't really want to reinstall PCSX2, but i suppose it could be worth a try.

I'm playing the game on my laptop so it wouldn't be possible to replace the keyboard. I don't think it has anything to do with the keyboard because it works fine everywhere else.

Not using any cheats. The only thing i have got is a memory card with a 100% game save which i downloaded off the internet, but this isn't the cause of the trouble either because the problem was occurring before i had this.

And yeah, it's the same move over and over again. The input needed to execute the same move in the game is the right analog stick pushed in any direction. Each wrestler has a different set of moves assigned to them, so for each wrestler chosen, the move performed over and over will be different. However, the move is always the one which is executed by pushing the right analog stick.

As an experiment, i loaded up the game before the problem started and launched a quick match. I held the up arrow on the keyboard, which corresponds to the right analog stick being moved up, and sure enough, the move kept being repeated over and over again.

So it seems that the right analog stick in PCSX2 is getting stuck in position somehow?

Oh and i managed to change my keyboard to Directinput, but i don't know whether it has made any difference yet.

Sponsored links

But pushing the right analog stick (R3) is not mapped in your lilypad configuration or?

Edit: you were talking about tilting the right analog stick, or? Read your post a second time and understood it now.

Could it be that it is related to the more or less special status of arrow keys on a laptop keyboard? What happens if you bind the right analog stick to other keys?
(04-27-2014, 02:33 PM)willkuer Wrote: But pushing the right analog stick (R3) is not mapped in your lilypad configuration or?

Edit: you were talking about tilting the right analog stick, or? Read your post a second time and understood it now.

Could it be that it is related to the more or less special status of arrow keys on a laptop keyboard? What happens if you bind the right analog stick to other keys?

I've been playing the game for a couple of days now and it seems to be fine. Perhaps changing the controller settings to Directinput fixed it? I have no idea, but thanks anyway!