My PC vs. Warriors Orochi 2...
right, so being a heavy Koei fan who only owns a PC, i obviously want to play Warriors Orochi 2, and this is a perfect chance. thing is however.. it lags like crazy, along with the Playstation 2 title movie thingy in the start.

now, i'd say my PC is quite capable, here's a screenie of my PC tested on Crysis:
[Image: mypcvscrysis.jpg]

so tell me, what might i be doing wrong??

Sponsored links

Crysis has absolutely nothing to do with PS2 emulation, with the second being extremely more demanding especially in processor power. You need somewhere around 3-3,6 Ghz dual core processor for most games to work at good speeds with PCSX2 and your 2,6 Ghz won't cut it. Warriors Orochi is one of the CPU demanding games. You could try overclocking your processor or using some speed hacks.
Check out:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Will-PCSX...y-computer
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow

Both in the FAQ...

Oh and as a side note, even if your PC passes that 'requirements check' it would still crawl in Ultra High settings in Crysis Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok, what is with everyone and crysis... I haven't been able to test a game like this, so I can't say TOO much, but I doubt even with my settings on that pc it can do well on Orochi. you may just be out of luck
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS % numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
well, those were pretty quick answers.
i don't know too much about emulation, there's a reason i made this thread Wink

@Bosit well, it's a quad-core, if that helps any, but if it won't be able to cut it, i gotta say... i'm suprised. oh and, i don't lag the slightest on ultra-high.. i did test.. sorry Tongue2

@Saiki it's just a pretty high-end game that i personally only use as an example because it shows that my PC should be capable of most things. which to my suprise, it apparently can't

@Shadow Lady eheh.. i gotta admit, i have no idea what you're talking about ^_^"
PCSX2 uses only 2 cores.

any game test would show your PC specs, that's all that really matters, test against diablo 2 it will make no difference. (just tired of all the "my pc can play crysis, but not pcsx2" threads.. on a side note: MY pc can play crysis too, and mine's a 2.2,8600GT so yea.. it holds 0 weight)

the EE and GS numbers are shown on the title bar of pcsx2 in windowed mode
No, it won't help. PCSX2 only uses two cores and CPU speed is the most important part, try overclocking your cpu to, at least, 3,2ghz and use the recommended speed hacks.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
(09-29-2010, 05:47 PM)Saiki Wrote: PCSX2 uses only 2 cores.

any game test would show your PC specs, that's all that really matters, test against diablo 2 it will make no difference. (just tired of all the "my pc can play crysis, but not pcsx2" threads.. on a side note: MY pc can play crysis too, and mine's a 2.2,8600GT so yea.. it holds 0 weight)

the EE and GS numbers are shown on the title bar of pcsx2 in windowed mode

true, but testing against Diablo II (love to that game!) doesn't seem as impressive Wink
also, for those who don't know exactly what "is good" when it comes to hardware, it's an easier comparison.. though i don't know who could help you out much if they didn't know their hardware Blush

i'll just check those thingies now, then...
i don't see those 2, but i took the liberty of just taking a photo of the title bar.. honestly i don't know what's what...
[Image: stuffyness.jpg]

oh and again to Bosit. i use an AMD Phenom, which the guide says is good :s
use GSdx, not ZeroGS, that's the first problem

second is your AA at 16times, that slows down things a GREAT deal
Check our configuration guide and try the latest beta. As mentioned before, you have a slow CPU so don't expect much of a miracle.

http://pcsx2.net/guide.php
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64