My PCSX2 Final Fantasy X (FFX) Settings
(06-01-2009, 08:03 PM)Dangeroo Wrote:
(06-01-2009, 03:59 PM)Oliver1986 Wrote: Hello everyone! I have a problem with Final Fantasy X(PAL), the problem is this: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090601/ffx1_www.k...es.hu_.jpg

My config: Win XP 32 bit, Core 2 Duo [email protected], HD4850, 2GB 1066MHz RAM and I use pcsx2 0.9.6(I tried with GSDX 0.1.14,0.1.15, ZeroGS 0.97.1 and ZeroGS KOSMOS)

what should I do, how let him function properly? Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

I dont see what the problem is. Your graphics look good. If you're referring to the 'blur' maybe try adjusting your interlacing options (F6 to toggle through them in GSDX).

Thanks!

Sponsored links

(06-01-2009, 04:27 PM)Dangeroo Wrote:
(06-01-2009, 03:18 PM)Larfin_Man Wrote: So did you notice any improvements in performance?

I just tried the settings, it looks like im averaging a few more fps/sec, but I havent tried it in battle yet. Thanks for the advice Larfin, Ill post some more results when I have time to fool around w/ FFX.

So I got to a few more battle sequences (the place where I find my fps to be the lowest on average) and the LinuzCDDVD doesnt seem to help that much overall. I'm strictly hypothesizing right now, but I think this might be because FFX is one of those games that preloads certain areas of the map, so the game disc is not constantly accessed. However, I think overall the LinuzCDDVD will save some CPU speed in the long run.

I am going to try playing for a while without LogZ and Alpha Correction, to see if that provides any boost or if it just ends up taking away from the graphics. Also going to disable "effects processing" under sound, see if that ups the fps without killing too much of the audio quality.
Hey! I just tried your settings out, they are perfect so far.
I have one problem though. After the "sending" cutscene in port Kilik the screen goes black and I hear the sound when the party rests, but the screen stays black...and black...It's just this one area so far and it's the exact same situation everytime I load it, did you have this problem? Any suggestions?
yess I have the exact same problem...! I created a new post about it.. oh well hopefully u guys have a solution... it would be incredibly helpful..!
Hey people,I've just been able to get my emulator up and running.And i want to play Final Fantasy 10.I have no problem getting the game to start.But the problem is its so slow.It goes down to 25-35fps.and I can't enjoy the game if i have to play the game like this the entire time.

So these are my specs.
Intel Core i7 (Windows 7)
Nvidia Geforce GT420M 2GB
PCSX2 version 0.9.6
Graphic plugin:GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00,SSE2) 0.1.14
CDDVD plugin:Gigagerz's CDDVD Plugin 0.7.0
cpu:all boxes ticked,and "Limit"
the rest are set to default.

Can anyone help?
You should use the latest 0.9.7 beta found here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
[Image: newsig.jpg]
What type of i7? Some i7's will have no problem with the emulator, but some have very low clock speeds (1.7ghz quad cores). Though even then the FPS should be higher for FFX... Definitely update to the latest beta like bositman said, but also try some of the speed hacks. Also are you running from a desktop or laptop? If a laptop make sure to disable the power saving features as those can kill performance with pcsx2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I just made an account to say thanks for the settings Smile They worked like a charm. <3
hi i'm new this emulator and just want recomendations on what plugins and settings to use for ffx.

PC Specs

Intel Core 2 Quad @2.40GHz
4gb DDR2 Ram
2x Nvidia GeForce 8600GS 512mb each.
Default plugins and settings of the 0.9.8 release should work fine.
[Image: newsig.jpg]