My Steambot Chronicles Settings for Steam Deck
I spent a long time tweaking individual settings, reloading the whole game bc I didn't know about Start + L3, and looking for settings that don't exist in PCSX2-QT and now I've finally got a steady 30FPS in Vulkan Mode! Why? Because it's my favorite PS2 game and I have never been able to get it to emulate half as good as this.

Graphics Settings
Renderer: Vulkan
Sync to Host Refresh: ON
Internal Resolution: 2x (720p)

Graphics Settings > Advanced
Skip Presenting Duplicate Frames: ON
Disable Threaded Presentation: ON
(This results in 30fps max instead of 60)

Steam Deck Settings:
Refresh Rate: 40fps

Prior to these settings I was getting 80% speed or lower in garages and slowdowns when other trotmobiles were on screen. Playing through the beginning to Nefroburg, no significant fps drops!

Sponsored links

(03-29-2023, 06:30 AM)MetroidsAteMyStash Wrote: I spent a long time tweaking individual settings, reloading the whole game bc I didn't know about Start + L3, and looking for settings that don't exist in PCSX2-QT and now I've finally got a steady 30FPS in Vulkan Mode! Why? Because it's my favorite PS2 game and I have never been able to get it to emulate half as good as this.

Graphics Settings

Steam Deck Settings:

Prior to these settings I was getting 80% speed or lower in garages and slowdowns when other trotmobiles were on screen. Playing through the beginning to Nefroburg, no significant fps drops!

If you had issues in menu screens(inventory, the various garage menus, etc) where it would slow down and the audio would be garbled and stuttery, did these tweaks fix that as well?
(03-29-2023, 06:30 AM)MetroidsAteMyStash Wrote: I spent a long time tweaking individual settings, reloading the whole game bc I didn't know about Start + L3, and looking for settings that don't exist in PCSX2-QT and now I've finally got a steady 30FPS in Vulkan Mode! Why? Because it's my favorite PS2 game and I have never been able to get it to emulate half as good as this.

Graphics Settings

Steam Deck Settings:

Have you solved the Dandelion scene bug? where Basil disappears?
Did these changes also resolve issues with the slowdown and stuttering of the audio in the game's menu screens (inventory, the various garage menus, etc.)?