My cheats are not being loaded?
Ok so I'm playing kingdom hearts the US version. I already have a pnach file in the cheats folder for the widescreen hack. The only problem is I want to add other cheats into it but every time I load my game It won't load those cheats. I pulled the cheats straight off of these forums and the version matches mine.

The widescreen hack has a total of 16 cheats which shows in the log. However whenever I input the cheats (in the RAW format) it doesn't load those specifically. It only loads the widescreen. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz (8 CPUs)
RAM: 12Gb
GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7870 Ghz edition 2GB CuII Direct
Hard Drive: HDD 1.5TB

Sponsored links

Yeah make a separate pnach file for the cheats and put it in the regular cheats folder. Leave the widescreen one in cheats_ws. Make sure to enable cheats in the System menu.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The history of pnach being it was really intended to be a patching device instead just a cheating engine in fact. That's the reason for that EE parameter that is there even today. At some time was meant to exist a patch for the EE module, another for the VUs and so on.

the "patch=" was meant as a proper control of the patch mode, but crystallized as 1 for being applied at each frame (patch=0 applies it only once but was found to be harder to define when it was to be applied under the actual implementation and does not work as intended).

Finally there was a token to each explicit value length as opposed to taking it directly from the original raw code.

No wonder the concept although good led to a hell of confusion among users.

Today is almost unanimity already that patch=1, EE and extended should be used always what makes them totally superfluous/redundant and could be omitted all together without prejudice to the engine (just making them assumed by default if missing).

At that time the directory was called /patches in fact and only later became /cheats. For what I understood, the widescreen patches gained a proper implementation as happened with the particular fixes at the game database before, what makes possible to keep them separated from the cheat engine.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thank you guys! Turns out it was another rookie mistake. I couldn't figure out how to use the cheats and have widescreen because it being in the cheats_ws folder kept PCSX2 from loading it. It had to be out of the folder.

I put it in the same file as the widescreen anyways and figured out how to get it to work. I didn't realize you had to take the // away from the patch=

Only thing now is that the log gets a bunch of red of TLB miss. Not sure what that means. I'm guessing its the load order. Mayber I should put the cheats before the widescreen because it loads the cheats like 3 times now
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz (8 CPUs)
RAM: 12Gb
GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7870 Ghz edition 2GB CuII Direct
Hard Drive: HDD 1.5TB