My computer shuts off when i use pcsx2
install it, run it, and see how your CPU temperature evolves when not doing anything, then compare this value with the one you get when using pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

i did and it raises higher so yes it overheats, what does that mean ? how do i stop it ?
Open your pc and clean the dust, get a better cooling system, etc...
Do anything to prevent it from overheating.
That's not pcsx2 related, though...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-18-2012, 02:15 AM)dookieboii24 Wrote: i did and it raises higher so yes it overheats, what does that mean ? how do i stop it ?

Take it to a technician, ask him to clean up the fans, vents and heat sinks, and re-apply thermal paste to both CPU and GPU. Should take him 15-20 minutes at most. Pay him what he asks.
okay and does it have anything to do with my processor ?
if your room is in air-conditioned+managed to clean up the dust and it's still overheating there nothing you can do,bring it to the technician for check-up
overheating can perma-kill your PC and does not cover w/ warranty.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
dookieboii24 sounds like the system heatsink isn't installed right, the CPU should only shutdown as a last resort if throttling doesn't work, meaning you can very likely severly damage your computer if you keep running it like that.

either get the pc serviced or send it in for repair or if you feel comfortable try to reinstall the heatsink / thermal paste yourself.

btw next time tell us the temps you saw so we can determine if it's in the operating specs for that model cpu.
i tried cleanin it myself , looked on youtube for instructions.. im gonna try now lets see what happens , wish me luck
lol same crap still shuts off
then AMD processor has been blowned engine or has been brokened due to recent overheat
time to change your processor.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel