My game suddenly crashed, and now I'm getting an error
I was playing this game just fine for a number of days, and then one day the whole thing just crashed. Now when I try to open PCSX2, it says the configured GS plugin file was not found. Where did it go? I don't think I moved it.
My problem is, I barely know anything about this stuff, so I don't even know what the plugin file is really, I just followed some guide on one of the pages in the forum to install, so I don't know what it is I'm looking for to fix.
What info do you guys need to help me fix this?

Sponsored links

do the "Plugins" folder exists in PCSX2 directory or the Documents ?
Yes, there is a Plugins folder. Should I list what .dll's are in there?
it says the plugin gsdx-sse2-r3878 wasn't found, but I'm looking right at it in the folder.
The next thing I did was press okay to go to the plugin configuration panel, and then decided to go with OK for everything that was already there. The defaults I guess.
In the program log, it says three times it failed to create a temporary file name (error 5: access is denied)
and Can't open user configuration file.
reinstall pcsx2 1.0.0 and it will work fine but you have to copy the memorycards for the folders or else you lose all your precious save games Tongue

also install in on the main desktop screen this way you always find it back and can put it somewhere else if needed Smile
I don't think I had 1.0.0 in the first place. I had 0.9.7. it was reccommended, I was told it was more stable than 1, or something along those lines.
and the memory cards are in the memcards folder, right? anything else I should copy? Would the memory cards work from one version to another?
Who the hell told you that?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I'm wrong, It was the version that was out when I first got PCSX2. I'm just babbling I guess.
report back with 1.0 Smile
(08-27-2012, 02:00 AM)walter sullivan Wrote: I don't think I had 1.0.0 in the first place. I had 0.9.7. it was reccommended, I was told it was more stable than 1, or something along those lines.
and the memory cards are in the memcards folder, right? anything else I should copy? Would the memory cards work from one version to another?

memorycards are indeed in the memorycard folder, you just have to copy and paste em in the 1.0 folders and in the config select that folder for memorycards otherwise its searching for memorycards in an other map.