My guide to playing KH II at full speed :)
I don't see anything that says native in the gsdx settings. Checked all the speed hacks, no help. I could get vista/windows7 i guess but i prefer XP. When the fps is fine it says my cpu usage is at 3-5%. When the fps is lower, it jumps to over 90%, even though, according to task manager, its still only running about 5% cpu power. I tried running it fullscreen, which improves it slightly but there seems to be a little less fps lag, though I can't see the meter so I can't confirm.
My computer:
MSI X58M Motherboard
Intel i7 920
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT Sad
3 Gigs DDR3 Ram @ 2.67GHz
Windows XP Pro SP2

Sponsored links

i mean this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(07-13-2009, 06:15 PM)necroarcher Wrote: I don't see anything that says native in the gsdx settings. Checked all the speed hacks, no help. I could get vista/windows7 i guess but i prefer XP. When the fps is fine it says my cpu usage is at 3-5%. When the fps is lower, it jumps to over 90%, even though, according to task manager, its still only running about 5% cpu power. I tried running it fullscreen, which improves it slightly but there seems to be a little less fps lag, though I can't see the meter so I can't confirm.
The % shown in the GSdx title bar is the % only the GS plugin uses and not the actual CPU usage of the whole emulator. Meaning if that is above 90% your graphics card is the bottleneck instead of your CPU.
Now to see the actual PCSX2 usage,you should use Windows Task Manager and check the Performance tab
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thats weird, i get 85-125 fps with my PC and default config, no speed hacks.
99000K | Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | 64GB DDR4 | GTX 2080Ti | Sound Blaster X3
(07-14-2009, 10:55 PM)Karas Wrote: Thats weird, i get 85-125 fps with my PC and default config, no speed hacks.

why would you want FPS that high, the game would go way too fast. Sounds like bs to me
Anyone know how to restore a save state with these settings? Everytime I hit F3, it restores it, but the screen turns gray and i can't do anything about it..
(07-14-2009, 10:06 AM)Bositman Wrote:
(07-13-2009, 06:15 PM)necroarcher Wrote: I don't see anything that says native in the gsdx settings. Checked all the speed hacks, no help. I could get vista/windows7 i guess but i prefer XP. When the fps is fine it says my cpu usage is at 3-5%. When the fps is lower, it jumps to over 90%, even though, according to task manager, its still only running about 5% cpu power. I tried running it fullscreen, which improves it slightly but there seems to be a little less fps lag, though I can't see the meter so I can't confirm.
The % shown in the GSdx title bar is the % only the GS plugin uses and not the actual CPU usage of the whole emulator. Meaning if that is above 90% your graphics card is the bottleneck instead of your CPU.
Now to see the actual PCSX2 usage,you should use Windows Task Manager and check the Performance tab

Lol like i said, according to task manager I'm only using up to 5%. So for the most part its working better, and im happy with that. Im getting a new 9800gt or something similar soon so it should run better. Thanks for all the help guys!
My computer:
MSI X58M Motherboard
Intel i7 920
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT Sad
3 Gigs DDR3 Ram @ 2.67GHz
Windows XP Pro SP2
I usually lurk around here, but just had to pop in to help here a little.

You see, I have a very weak CPU and GPU so I always have to try out various methods in order to squeeze out those extra fps. Tongue

I would suggest trying GSDX 0.1.7. It increased my fps to at least 30 more for KG 2.
I am having these same problems with the iso. I added to screenshots i know i can't mount the image and play the game from previous posts just trying to figure out how to make it into a playable iso.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-25-2009, 10:43 PM)Mobius378 Wrote: I am having these same problems with the iso. I added to screenshots i know i can't mount the image and play the game from previous posts just trying to figure out how to make it into a playable iso.
Here's a tip: Buy the game instead of downloading illegal copies off the internet that who knows in what state they are.
Warned for piracy. You will get no support here
[Image: newsig.jpg]