My laptop heats up
All I play is Final Fantasy XII with it

It runs perfectly (by my standards), except for some weird texture glitches every once in a while in certain spots, but that doesn't bother me.

What does bother me a bit is that my PC sounds like it's about to take off %70 of the time, I noticed that whenever I'm in a town it will start up the turbine, out in the wild it seems to be just random when it happens, and sometimes it'll take a while before it stops.

I wouldn't mind a graphic degradation nor I need it to play at full speed.

Anyway, I haven't touched any of the PCSX2 settings except for the sound, I changed it to cubic interpolation and to the DirectSound Module.

My laptop's whatever-it's-called are:

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz, 2534 Mhz, 2 main processors, 4 logic processors

4,00 GB of RAM

I translated it because my PC is in another language, So the processor part is probably going to be confusing

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is just really heavy on the CPU, nothing you can do about it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You may want to look at how your laptop's cooling works (fans, vents, etc.). Your CPU isn't too powerful to handle FFXII comfortably (pardon me if I'm wrong about this), so perhaps you may want to look into cooling pads or something to help your laptop be less hot. I'm not too familiar with cooling on laptops, however, so I'm not sure how your laptop's temps can be helped.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
that's normal that's it actively cooling. and pcsx2 is quite demanding for a laptop. if it cools down in some areas it's not really a problem. if you're really scared about your temperatures you can use a tool like coretemp or whatever reads out a valid temperature and see where it goes. anything that maxes at ~80°C or sure below is still good.
(02-12-2015, 10:51 PM)junknaut Wrote: Your CPU isn't too powerful to handle FFXII comfortably (pardon me if I'm wrong about this).

It probably isn't, I'm just not too picky about performance. The way I see it, the game runs smoothly Tongue

--------------

(02-12-2015, 10:46 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: PCSX2 is just really heavy on the CPU, nothing you can do about it.

That's a shame

If there's nothing I can do about it, Then I guess I should buy a cooling pad. I'll clean the laptop's fan for now, it probably has some chihuahua hair in it
(02-13-2015, 04:50 AM)ssakash Wrote: Please post the EE and GS values while, the game is slowing down.

Quote:The way I see it, the game runs smoothly.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
If you want to reduce your CPU load then, limit the fps to some fixed value and set priority of pcsx2 to medium in taskmanager and set the windows performance plan to power savings to make the processor to limit it's full potential. The following steps may reduce the CPU usage but, it may cause some slow down in your game.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction