My setup to achieve nice smooth PS2 Native graphics
As lots of people using pcsx2 would already know, setting resolution to native looks jaggy and the PS2 looks noticeably smooth on a HDTV but here is my settings to achieve those smooth CRT PS2 graphics that everyone with a bad GPU would like to follow. there are two ways of achieving the result but would work better if using the CRT Method.

HDTV/Monitor way
Step 1: Set the monitor resolution to 640x480 or 720x480/720x576 progressive, for laptops use resolution changer SX2 or your integrated GPU settings.Using a HDTV or monitor, a VGA cable or HDMI cable would be preferred. Note: Only switch resolutions when necessary.

Step 2: Set window of PCSX2 to 4:3 to fix stretching of the graphics for 640x480, if you use 720x480p or 720x576p you need to adjust the horizontal scaling and vertical scaling to 50x50 on Intel integrated GPU but AMD will vary, Note: If you are using 4:3 there will be side black bars on a 16:9 HDTV,if game supports 16:9 internally it won't matter, and if games have a widescreen patch then you can use that instead but if you do use widescreen patches than set to 16:9.

Step 3: Set the graphics in GSDX set internal resolution to native and use a CRT to reduce the sharp edges and will give that authentic look.
If your games support progressive scan use it otherwise use blend bff dr interlacing method or leave to default. It is optional to use interlaced mode rather than progressive but compatibility may not be supported.

CTR TV/OTHER WAY

Step 1: Using a Desktop or laptop, plug into CRT TV with an AV cable or S Video cable if Computer supports the plug.

Step 2: If necessary change resolution to 720x480 or 720x576 and ensure it is working properly, again use Resolution Changer SX2 to help.

Step 3: Change GSDX in PCSX2 to Native resolution.

Step 4: Change window to 4:3 in PCSX2 so the game displays properly.
But use 16:9 for games supporting widescreen.

Sponsored links

(06-12-2013, 01:39 PM)EmucraZ Wrote: NOTE FOR DEVS: The Pixel Depth Shader needs to be fixed because when using lower resolutions, the Pixel composting becomes bigger than what it should be so maybe suggesting that the Pixel Shader be fixed to the Monitor or TV,s Max resolution would solve it.

I don't believe this is possible, as when the shaders are processed, the result is drawn to a "canvas" which is later displayed on the screen, but the canvas posesses the properties of the resolution you choose, so at native res, the pitch will be as of native res. The only way to even remotely solve this would be to implement some sort of blur/blend/alpha filter on the shader effect to hide the dots a bit.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Nice support for weak gpu ,i was stick at native but right now i can achieve 3x nativeTongue2. actually hit f7 is great. I wish scanline effect is support too Smile
(06-12-2013, 01:43 PM)refraction Wrote: I don't believe this is possible, as when the shaders are processed, the result is drawn to a "canvas" which is later displayed on the screen, but the canvas posesses the properties of the resolution you choose, so at native res, the pitch will be as of native res. The only way to even remotely solve this would be to implement some sort of blur/blend/alpha filter on the shader effect to hide the dots a bit.

well i guess using the max resolution with games that have widescreen hack might be a little better than playing with black bars or stretched pixels