My window stays black
no problem. hope that works for ya

Sponsored links

Firstly, try to use "Run > Execute" instead of "File > Run CD/DVD" to start the game. This tends to work for a bunch of games. I don't actually know the difference, perhaps one uses the boot sector of the game and the other uses a boot file that the emulator has? Oh well, just try that first and see if it works.
Run > execute will crash alot too, especially if you're not on native rez or higher (I use 384x384 mostly) all the games I have will run with file> run except one that doesn't work at all, the chances of MTGS3 being one of those is slim. I don't remember if it was working in 0.9.6, but it should be on the new beta
MGS3 PAL is Ingame and NTSC is Playable so it should definitely at least boot no matter which of those 2 regions it is. I think NTSC was fully playable on 0.9.6, which is what Liquid is using, which means that if the problem isn't that he hadn't tried "Run > Execute" yet, then it is definitely either a plugin problem or a disc read/corrupt image problem. I guess we need to narrow it down.
the only game I have that doen't do anything is Spiderman 3 NTSC U/C, others needed updates before they worked, but it was a core or plugin issue. that's more likely.
hmmm ... i tryed now using both of the options u guys gave me... using the beta pcsx2 and the updates... and using the run>execute comand still didnt work Wacko ... theres a thing i forgot to say... im using a virtual drive... i mounted the iso with poweriso.. do you think this migth cause problems aswell ? should i try burning it to a actual DVD ?
try using linuz ISO, and unmount it from the virtual drive
LaughLaugh linuz iso fixed the problem... its working fine now Laugh its runing low on fps Sad but i guess its a mather of configuring the grafix options or something... thanks alot for your help m8s