Mybb upgrade bugs
Hi, i didnt want to create a new thread for this since a sticky is already here but there are things i believe they can be improved:

1 - There are 2 themes and both are the same, it would be nice if we had 5 light themes and 5 dark themes to choose.

2 - The bottom of the page doesnt say what version of mybb is being used, this way we dont know if a specific version with bug fixes for a certain problem that might have happened is being used here. Btw, the latest version is 1.8.34 mybb.com/download

3 - Most of forums have a shortcut to other sub-foruns in the bottom of the page in the form of drop-down boxes, we should have those.

4 - A purge to see the forum cleaned of old accounts of ppl that dont post/come here anymore, i noticed several of those when checking the staff of the forums, i'm sure that are many more unrelated to the staff. Some ppl only come to solve their doubts about a game and never post again, others just lose interest in the scene/pcsx2 and never come back.

5 - When making a search for specific word(s) e.g. "Pcsx2 1.3.1" the search doesnt let me search for thread's titles with this string. Something that i hope it can be added.
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz 1 Core/2 Threads - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

[Image: 7z_ai.gif]

Sponsored links

(06-17-2023, 06:22 PM)Felipe Wrote: Hi, i didnt want to create a new thread for this since a sticky is already here but there are things i believe they can be improved:

1 - There are 2 themes and both are the same, it would be nice if we had 5 light themes and 5 dark themes to choose.

2 - The bottom of the page doesnt say what version of mybb is being used, this way we dont know if a specific version with bug fixes for a certain problem that might have happened is being used here. Btw, the latest version is 1.8.34 mybb.com/download

3 - Most of forums have a shortcut to other sub-foruns in the bottom of the page in the form of drop-down boxes, we should have those.

4 - A purge to see the forum cleaned of old accounts of ppl that dont post/come here anymore, i noticed several of those when checking the staff of the forums, i'm sure that are many more unrelated to the staff. Some ppl only come to solve their doubts about a game and never post again, others just lose interest in the scene/pcsx2 and never come back.

5 - When making a search for specific word(s) e.g. "Pcsx2 1.3.1" the search doesnt let me search for thread's titles with this string. Something that i hope it can be added.

Hello,

1) Themes can have vulnerabilities and need constant maintenance, so we are probably better off without them
2) You don't need to know, we do Smile One less attack vector as well
3) If there isn't a mybb plugin for it we can't do much...
4) ...why? I can't see these accounts creating any issue and it's good for answered questions to exist for others to search/find
5) Did you try the mybb built in search or the google wrapper we've made?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
1 - Ok
2 - Ok
3 - Ok
4 - I thought a clean database is good for maintenance since you have less data and i saw other forums doing that. Wink - the purge would be to remove old accounts, not old threads. Wink
5 - I tried both and both failed on that.
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz 1 Core/2 Threads - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

Mybb search has an explicit option for that 'titles only' so that's what you're looking for.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-18-2023, 07:29 PM)Bositman Wrote: Mybb search has an explicit option for that 'titles only' so that's what you're looking for.

That's what happens when you look too quickly at things... Blush

I just clicked the search button on blue toolbar and didnt pay attention to the one right above it...

The worst of all is that isnt the 1st time i made this mistake. :/