NASCAR 06 and 07 Texture Issues
Specs: Windows 10
Processor: i5-8700K
Graphics: Radeon RX470
Memory: 16GB DDR4
Running the latest dev build (1.5.0 dev-3128) as suggested by other threads, and attempted some of the solutions they tried to no avail. The game(s) run perfectly, no FPS issues, no flickering, no stuttering, but the textures ruin the experience. This seems to be an occurring issue from possibly NASCAR 2005 onward all the way to 09. I've searched high and low for a solution to any of the games. The wiki offers no solution other than "it happens, nothing you can do". I'm hoping this isn't the case.

The one solution I wasn't able to execute properly was using a software mode, as the game crashes instantly no matter what options or settings are selected. Any help pursuing this issue would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the emulog.txt file which was requested in prior threads. I don't know how to read what it says, but the last two or three boots were with NASCAR 06.

Sponsored links

(05-19-2019, 07:53 PM)beastboyrolf Wrote: Specs: Windows 10
Processor: i5-8700K
Graphics: Radeon RX470
Memory: 16GB DDR4
Running the latest dev build (1.5.0 dev-3128) as suggested by other threads, and attempted some of the solutions they tried to no avail. The game(s) run perfectly, no FPS issues, no flickering, no stuttering, but the textures ruin the experience. This seems to be an occurring issue from possibly NASCAR 2005 onward all the way to 09. I've searched high and low for a solution to any of the games. The wiki offers no solution other than "it happens, nothing you can do". I'm hoping this isn't the case.

The one solution I wasn't able to execute properly was using a software mode, as the game crashes instantly no matter what options or settings are selected. Any help pursuing this issue would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the emulog.txt file which was requested in prior threads. I don't know how to read what it says, but the last two or three boots were with NASCAR 06.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 1,21 KB / Downloads: 151)
your emulog Wrote:PCSX2 1.4.0-20160105132032- compiled on Jan 5 2016

you Wrote:Running the latest dev build (1.5.0 dev-3128)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I didn't notice that the emulog was that outdated. Is there a reason it isn't recording what's currently happening with the current version I'm trying to run?
that emulog doesn't even indicate you tried to run a game.
I suggest you have a look at your pcsx2 root dir\logs instead of the one in my documents
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
not having any issues with nascar 07 in software or hardware modes. but i noticed if bilinear 'forced' is on, it messes up the cars textures. make sure it just bilinear ps2.

edit: and changing TC offsets also mess up car textures
(05-19-2019, 10:02 PM)wheninrome Wrote: not having any issues with nascar 07 in software or hardware modes. but i noticed if bilinear 'forced' is on, it messes up the cars textures.  make sure it just bilinear ps2.

edit: and changing TC offsets also mess up car textures

Yeah, like I said, software simply crashes for me no matter what settings I have. In hardware mode, I attempted all the bilinear options and none showed an improvement over the others. Some colors make it through the textures, but the cars are either transparent, or a jumble mess of gray shades. Not sure what you're referencing by TC offsets.

(05-19-2019, 09:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that emulog doesn't even indicate you tried to run a game.
I suggest you have a look at your pcsx2 root dir\logs instead of the one in my documents

Is the root dir/log found under the C: Drive > Program files? I looked through there but didn't find any logs.
Not sure what you're referencing by TC offsets.

sorry meant "texture offsets" in the advanced HW hack menu. it used to be called TC offsets. anyway like i said, '07 works completely fine in both sw and hw. either your disk/iso is messed up or your amd drivers are messing something up. otherwise idk.  i have an nvidia gpu btw..