NASCAR 2009 [SLUS 21744] (U)
Yeh, the game tries to send rubbish data to the GS, not sure how far back it goes wrong and not really feeling like debugging it (i've pretty much gone as far back as I know how things work well Tongue2) so this might be a while before it's fixed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Tested this game a bit and i've found out that it was broken in r4821
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/c0...e79cb50d42
this commit is a pretty big one, so i can't investigete any further
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja
I knew you were going to link to that one, that's the one i suspected as it became less lenient. It didn't break it, but stopped the mess the game puts itself in from working at all
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-26-2015, 10:58 AM)TheSimpleDonut Wrote: I could NOT test NASCAR 2009 without running into "DMA ch.1 does not terminate" (1st image) errors all the time, and for some reason I cannot bring 0.9.8's GSdx plugins into 1.2.1 (2nd image).

Status since 1.2.1 is unchanged on latest git build.
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-46600K CPU @4.7GHz
GPU: NVIDIA Corporation GTX 1070

PCSX2 1.5.0-20161231174238 - compiled on Dec 31 2016

Rest are included plugins

BIOS Used: USA v02.00(14/06/2004)

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used:

None

Gamefixes Used:

Automatic gamefixes was enabled.

Amount of testing done: medium

Comments:

Game runs fine, problems listed below do not impact progress in-game

Bugs:
  • EE cache is required to boot . There is no known solution at this time.
  • Car textures are corrupted when using the following:
    Bilinear (Forced), Trilinear (Forced) or Trilinear (Ultra/Slow) texture filtering.
    Direct3D 9/11 Hardware Renderers.
  • PCSX2's RAM usage will increase a bit when driving laps around the track. I measured up to 1.10Gb, but I assume that it would keep going. I don't know if this is a leak or not. No solution known at this time.

Status
Playable
Why did you obscure the "There is no known solution at this time." for the EE Cace?

(01-02-2017, 06:04 AM)CK1 Wrote: Car textures are corrupted sometimes. There is no known solution at this time, but using Trilinear filtering may increase the chances of this bug occurring.
What do you mean by "may increase changes..."? In the dumps I have "Bilinear (Forced)", "Trilinear (Forced)" & "Trilinear (Ultra/Slow)" Texture Filtering options always trigger the issue.

EDIT: Doesn't the game also require "OpenGL (Hardware)"? IIRC Direct3D (Hardware) renderers show corrupt textures because of the lack of hardware depth.
(01-02-2017, 01:21 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Why did you obscure the "There is no known solution at this time." for the EE Cace?

What do you mean by "may increase changes..."? In the dumps I have "Bilinear (Forced)", "Trilinear (Forced)" & "Trilinear (Ultra/Slow)" Texture Filtering options always trigger the issue.

EDIT: Doesn't the game also require "OpenGL (Hardware)"? IIRC Direct3D (Hardware) renderers show corrupt textures because of the lack of hardware depth.

You were correct about the D3D renderers and I fixed the formatting. Does that look good for you?
Playable thanks to PSI's patch