NCAA 11 Gameplay
Hey Guys,

I just reinstalled Direct X 11 and my ATI drivers and the game play is at 30fps, slow, choppy, and barely playable. I was wondering what settings I could adjust in order to keep the FPS at 60, like it is during the menus.

Specs:
ATI Radeon 4500 HD 512 MB
Core2Duo 2.20 Ghz
Windows 7 64-Bit
4 gigs of ram
PCSX2 9.8

Thanks!

Sponsored links

overclocking your CPUn 'if possible) would help you as 2.2 Ghz is a bit low.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I've tried to get NCAA Football running well for a very long time now, and it just doesn't seem to work. My system specs are a hell of a lot better than yours and while my framerate is higher than 30fps, it still just doesn't run very well. I don't think the sports games get much attention when it comes to improving the emulation, as 1) You rarely ever see topics about it here, and 2) Most don't work very well, if at all. Seems to be mainly an RPG emulator
Want to explain what exactly is wrong? If no one is complaining or giving bug reports, they are bugs that will go unfixed.

If you just mean that a lot of sports games are slow... well... Depending on how a game utilizes the PS2 that can be harder to emulate, especially if they pushed the PS2's hardware... Indeed, most PS2 games were released much earlier in the lifecycle and don't push the system as much... Where as most of the sports games people tend to play (NFL10 or NBA11) occured late in the PS2's likecycle and therefore the companies making the games know how to push the PS2 harder to get the results they want... making for games that are harder to emulate.

Five extra years programming for a game system versus the majority of games released for the system will give them advantages in that regards, but it may end up costing those that choose to emulate.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I'm not complaining, I understand that this is just pretty much the way it is. If you look around the forums it's MOSTLY people asking how to get RPG's to work, Gran Turismo, God of War, etc. Sports games like Madden/NCAA/MLB just don't seem to get much attention.

And I would think the EA Sports games would be able to work ok considering they've pretty much been the exact same thing graphically on the PS2 for many, many years now. If they're pushing the hardware to the max, then they've been doing it since like NCAA 2007 since they all look pretty much the same since then.

The menus run 100% fine for me in NCAA/Madden, and SOMETIMES gameplay is smooth. But for the most part it's just choppy and the announcers talk slow. My system is:

AMD Phenom II x4 965
8gb DDR3 RAM
ATI 6950 2gb
Try some speedhacks, EE/VU cycle ones should help the most.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-30-2011, 09:52 PM)mva5580 Wrote: If you look around the forums it's MOSTLY people asking how to get RPG's to work, Gran Turismo, God of War, etc. Sports games like Madden/NCAA/MLB just don't seem to get much attention.

What, you don't think it has anything to do with the type of people that typically would use emulators? It's not like geeks would be workin' on their hot-rods, while jocks play on their computers. Tongue

Try them Speedhacks, and try not to expect perfection from an emulator. Wink

(BTW - Madden '11 ran plenty fast, IIRC)
(05-30-2011, 09:52 PM)mva5580 Wrote: I'm not complaining, I understand that this is just pretty much the way it is. If you look around the forums it's MOSTLY people asking how to get RPG's to work, Gran Turismo, God of War, etc. Sports games like Madden/NCAA/MLB just don't seem to get much attention.

And I would think the EA Sports games would be able to work ok considering they've pretty much been the exact same thing graphically on the PS2 for many, many years now. If they're pushing the hardware to the max, then they've been doing it since like NCAA 2007 since they all look pretty much the same since then.

The menus run 100% fine for me in NCAA/Madden, and SOMETIMES gameplay is smooth. But for the most part it's just choppy and the announcers talk slow. My system is:

AMD Phenom II x4 965
8gb DDR3 RAM
ATI 6950 2gb

I first have to say that I'm extremely grateful for the work that has been done with this emulator. But I have to agree with the above statement that a whole genre of titles (EA Sports) are being ignored. I don't expect perfection I know its a work in progress but, EA Sports titles have never worked smoothly in my experience, and I have the same specs as quoted post but 12gb memory). I'm surprised that the developers have not looked into this anomaly thoroughly. I'd like to know specifically (from a programming standpoint) why these games don't work well with the emulator. What do we have to do to get this looked into? Playing Madden/NCAA football on pcsx2 is the only option to play football on the PC. EA Sports has ignored PC gamers for the last 3 years and eliminated football on the PC platform. So I'm literally begging the developers of this great emulator to look into this issue and to please not ignore us (PC football gamers) like EA has.
Seems as out of the two football games Madden/NCAA 11, NCAA 11 plays significantly better than Madden on the emulator. What's the reason for this? Even with Turbo enabled it has no effect on Madden and a slight effect on NCAA 11. Does any one have any guesses as to why this occurs?
Because they are different games? Even if they look identical you can never know how different the code that runs behind that is, thus making emulating it easier or harder depending on the case.
[Image: newsig.jpg]