NCAA 11 Gameplay
(07-03-2011, 08:07 PM)Bositman Wrote: Because they are different games? Even if they look identical you can never know how different the code that runs behind that is, thus making emulating it easier or harder depending on the case.

Understood. Is there anyone on the pcsx2 dev team that is willing to look into this? Is it an issue of time or desire that makes this not worth looking into? Its just that I've seen so many other games significantly improve with each new version of pcsx2 and the EA Sports titles are never one of them. I'm sure many football fans (myself included) who use the emulator would appreciate some specific information as to why these games are difficult to run (which would be interesting to know). Maybe the solution could be found within the problem.

Sponsored links

(07-02-2011, 05:59 AM)arden05 Wrote: I first have to say that I'm extremely grateful for the work that has been done with this emulator. But I have to agree with the above statement that a whole genre of titles (EA Sports) are being ignored. I don't expect perfection I know its a work in progress but, EA Sports titles have never worked smoothly in my experience, and I have the same specs as quoted post but 12gb memory). I'm surprised that the developers have not looked into this anomaly thoroughly. I'd like to know specifically (from a programming standpoint) why these games don't work well with the emulator. What do we have to do to get this looked into? Playing Madden/NCAA football on pcsx2 is the only option to play football on the PC. EA Sports has ignored PC gamers for the last 3 years and eliminated football on the PC platform. So I'm literally begging the developers of this great emulator to look into this issue and to please not ignore us (PC football gamers) like EA has.

Agreed entirely, well said.

I'm not complaining, I'm not throwing out some kind of "this emulator sucks!" type statement....quite the contrary. You guys do amazing work and I'm beyond grateful for what we're able to do on a computer with PS2 games. For the games that I'm able to play I'm very happy, and for the games I can't it's just kind of an "oh well" shrug your shoulders type situation.

But having said that, it is kind of strange that pretty much the entire EA Sports line of games doesn't function on the emulator. There must be *something* going on with the coding of those games that hasn't been examined, implemented, or whatever you want to call it. If ANY year of NCAA worked, I'd be ecstatic. But it's just kind of crazy that ~10 years of NCAA games, and not one of them is playable.
Yeah it's been that way since forever. Looks like PCSX2 hates EA games (or vice versa, imo that's more probable Tongue ). Trust me if it was something simple it would have been fixed already...
[Image: newsig.jpg]