NCAA Football 09 field graphic issue
Hi,
I had a lot problems with this game like bad sound, low speed, black background instead of the stadium but i managed to fix them all somehow and now the game is really fast and with better sound. The only issue left that is bothering me is the field. It looks bad and sometimes the white lines are disappearing. I tried F9 but its only makes the players look bad or enable speedhacks but nothing works. I know that PS2 graphics are not something extra but I doubt that it looks this bad. I am new to PCSX2 so if someone has a idea or knows how to fix this I would be very grateful if he can post me here some guide.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
CPU - Intel Core Duo E7200 2.53 GHz, - game is running really fast now after changing the emulation settings.
GPU - GeForce GT 240, - everything except the field looks really good.
RAM - 2 GB
OS - Windows XP
I own PC only for work so I don't have good specs. I am mostly playing on Xbox 360 but the old crap has stopped working so while I am waiting for my new Xbox One I wanted to play some PS2 games on PC cuz I've bios from my broken PS2 in PC.
My PCSX2 version is 1.2.1.
Non default settings ?  Biggrin I've changed almost everything to make the game work. For example I changed the clamping mode in VUs from normal to extra + preserve sign because the game only loaded the football field but not the stadium.
Games : NCAA Football 09 and 06, Arena Football Road To Glory (all ISO's)
How is the grass suppose to look like?

You can try superVU instead of microVU but you tried already a bit. If software mode doesnt fix it you normally only can play with vu settinhs.
I don't know to name or describe it but it looks like the field has some "noise effect" or something that is disturbing the field textures. I tried software instead of hardware and the field looks much better but the player graphic quality is less.

Edit // image

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly you need to enable texture filtering.

These are two different stadiums. Are you sure that the grass is not correct? Maybe the grass is a bit darker and more textured in this stadium.
I'm using texture filtering but it doesn't help. Louisville has darker grass than Ole Miss but it doesn't matter the problem is still the same and the grass looks weird. The white lines are always disappearing while gameplay.

If you watch this video you can see the weird grass graphics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyKbaOH5g-s
(12-09-2015, 12:40 AM)willkuer Wrote: Possibly you need to enable texture filtering.

These are two different stadiums. Are you sure that the grass is not correct? Maybe the grass is a bit darker and more textured in this stadium.

I believe it's to do with blending issues. I'm pretty sure Gregory fixed it in opengl. The OP could try that, though I''m not sure that his GPU is compatible or not.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
My best advice for people that have the same graphic issue like me (and can't fix it) is that they should use snow weather for every match. It doesn't look so bad as green when the field is covered by snow or choose Boise State stadium cuz they have blue playing surface and it looks better than green.