NEW TO PCSX2 Trying to the ps2 disc on mac
(11-07-2012, 09:37 AM)renzeenee Wrote: well i got this hooplah when i tried. Any ideas?

Rennie-Lembos-iMac:~ renzeenee$ sudo
usage: sudo -h | -K | -k | -L | -V
usage: sudo -v [-AknS] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user name|#uid]
usage: sudo -l[l] [-AknS] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-U user name] [-u
user name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [command]
usage: sudo [-AbEHknPS] [-C fd] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user
name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [VAR=value] [-i|-s] [<command>]
usage: sudo -e [-AknS] [-C fd] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user
name|#uid] file ...
Rennie-Lembos-iMac:~ renzeenee$

i've got the disk in and i tried everything you said before, got the permission denied, entered sudo and that came up. Am I missing something? Thanks

Sorry, my fault, it is supposed to be
Code:
sudo tcsh
Sorry ^_^"
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"

Sponsored links

(11-07-2012, 09:49 AM)Kaze Wrote: Sorry, my fault, it is supposed to be
Code:
sudo tcsh
Sorry ^_^"

now it lets me enter my password but than it says command not found after it's entered correctly. Any other ideas? (Sorry to keep bothering you!)
(11-07-2012, 10:05 AM)renzeenee Wrote: now it lets me enter my password but than it says command not found after it's entered correctly. Any other ideas? (Sorry to keep bothering you!)

Note to self, think before posting ^_^"

You need to enable root user, here is Apples guide for that ^_^
(11-07-2012, 10:09 AM)Kaze Wrote: Note to self, think before posting ^_^"

You need to enable root user, here is Apples guide for that ^_^

Thanks for the tip, but I already did that and the command has worked before in other situations. Am i obscenely oblivious or just confused?
(11-07-2012, 10:21 AM)renzeenee Wrote: Thanks for the tip, but I already did that and the command has worked before in other situations. Am i obscenely oblivious or just confused?

So, you say sudo tcsh has worked before, but not now?
(11-07-2012, 12:09 PM)Kaze Wrote: So, you say sudo tcsh has worked before, but not now?

yeah and that's why im pretty confused. I tried
Code:
exit
and started over but to no avail.
(11-08-2012, 03:07 AM)renzeenee Wrote: yeah and that's why im pretty confused. I tried
Code:
exit
and started over but to no avail.

Well, I am sorry, I can't do anything about that, I only know a bit about how to figure things out, and that is way out of my league :/ Sorry :-(
(01-31-2013, 04:45 PM)Kaze Wrote: Well, I am sorry, I can't do anything about that, I only know a bit about how to figure things out, and that is way out of my league :/ Sorry :-(

thanks a ton for your help! i managed to get it working after I banged my head against the desk several times (exaggeration) but thanks for the tips. Greatly appreciated. Biggrin
(02-05-2013, 08:34 AM)renzeenee Wrote: thanks a ton for your help! i managed to get it working after I banged my head against the desk several times (exaggeration) but thanks for the tips. Greatly appreciated. Biggrin

Could you tell me how you got it working? It might help others ^_^
(11-07-2011, 08:48 AM)mubbsy Wrote: and then wait for like 30-40 min until the file stops growing in size
and you can modify the 4th line so that your_game.iso is something like dothack.iso so you know what it is.

I waited for Shadow of the Colossus to complete the ISO using the terminal commands as described, but the file size kept growing and growing for over an hour and a half. I had to finally end the process because I thought it would keep going until I ran out of disk space. Any ideas on why this would happen? I found an ISO copy of SotC on a rom site and the file size is 2.69 GB. My attempt to make the ISO from the source game was over 50 GB and growing. Yikes!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)