NEW TO PCSX2 Trying to the ps2 disc on mac
Sup everybody.

I want to play my copy of dot hack infection on my mac but having some trouble getting it started. I have pcsx2 running and I insert my disc however I have no idea where to go from there. I fiddled around with it for a bit and to no avail. Like I said I'm still fairly new to this so all help will be appreciated.

Sponsored links

I'm pretty new at this as well but from what I found through multiple forums, the mac version of PCSX2 can't run discs for some reason. I could be wrong. I gave up and just found an iso.
True. Except you need to make an iso from your gamedisk. Not to "find" one.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Oh my bad. How do you make an iso? Or should I be asking this elsewhere?
Code:
1. Insert the DVD, and in the terminal do:
2. diskutil unmountDisk disk1
3. ls -l /Users/
Find your username in that list and:
4. dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/Users/your-username/Desktop/your_game.iso
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
and then wait for like 30-40 min until the file stops growing in size
and you can modify the 4th line so that your_game.iso is something like dothack.iso so you know what it is.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

Ok. Just to get this straight. Sorry Im a little new at this. Quickly learning though.
So you enter all that into terminal word per word except for "your-username" and "your_game"? Or do you change "disk1" too? I tried both and didn't get anything.

EDIT: Okay so I figured it out and I managed to make a ISO file. But now when I go to use it on pcsx2 it won't play. All I get is the ps2 menu. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong :\
(11-07-2011, 10:08 AM)WingsLikeEagles Wrote: Ok. Just to get this straight. Sorry Im a little new at this. Quickly learning though.
So you enter all that into terminal word per word except for "your-username" and "your_game"? Or do you change "disk1" too? I tried both and didn't get anything.

EDIT: Okay so I figured it out and I managed to make a ISO file. But now when I go to use it on pcsx2 it won't play. All I get is the ps2 menu. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong :\

1. Insert DVD
2. Open Terminal
3. In terminal, type in the following:
diskutil unmountDisk disk1 (PRESS ENTER NOW)
dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/path/to/dumped/enter_chosen_name_here.ISO

Should do the trick

EDIT:
Lawl, just saw that this is the same code as above, but don't change anything else than the chosen_name_here.iso and keep the .ISO at the end, and also you may want to try and type it manually, not just copy paste and one more thing, don't forget to double check.

EDIT 2:
Also give the file some time after it has stopped growing in size too.
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
With "path/to/dumped/" being 'User/my-name/Desktop/" correct? I'll try this. Thanks.
(11-07-2011, 03:00 PM)WingsLikeEagles Wrote: With "path/to/dumped/" being 'User/my-name/Desktop/" correct? I'll try this. Thanks.

You got it right, and path/to/dumped is the location of the file on your machine, not necessarily the User folder, it can be anywhere
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"