NFL 2k5 frequently crashing
Specs:

* Windows 10
* i5 8600k at 4.7 GHz
* 16 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
* GTX 1070 ti
* Emulator and game are stored on SSD (separate physical disks for the emulator and game ISO)

I'm running a development build from August 1st, PCSX2v1.7.0-dev-145-g0bf54aa6f. I do have the dev9 HDD plugin, running a 40GB HDD on a separate physical disk from the emulator (both are SSD).

I've been getting frequent crashes in NFL 2k5, but without any consistency. Sometimes once every three games or so, sometimes multiple times in one game. The crash either freezes after a replay and sticks on the field view with the music still playing, or it just crashes to desktop.

I'm loading normally, and generally not using save states unless the game crashes. I do create a save state at the beginning of every quarter just to be safe, due to the crashing issue. I pause the game to take the save state.

I've tested multiple configurations. Custom setup with MTVU on, off, EE at 1x speed, 1.3x, and 1.8x, and I've tested the "safest" preset setting that turns off all hacks, but the issue still occurs.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to address it?

Sponsored links

are u using updated rosters? if so, try without any custom rosters and see if issue persists
(09-17-2020, 10:36 AM)wheninrome Wrote: are u using updated rosters? if so, try without any custom rosters and see if issue persists

I am using custom rosters. They're the 2019 rosters from last year though, and I'm not aware of any issues with them. I've updated to the latest PCSX2 build as of last night and so far have had no crashes on it through two games and a good chunk of the offseason. Still testing but I'll see if the problem persists. Playing with the stock rosters wouldn't be ideal for me, so I'm hoping that isn't the issue.