NFL2K5 Issues
Hey fellas, first post.

Have not used an emulator in a long time, and i sadly do not have a console anymore so i cant play Madden. With the football season around i wanted to fill the void with a football game and Madden 08 even with updated rosters is still trash, i have heard/seen NFL2K5 played through the PSCX2 Emulator, i have my 2K5 Copy and my old craped out PS2 Bios, and the Emulator itself works fine. However when i run this ONE game i hang at the NFL Logo screen, I have even tried to follow multiple guides and resolve the problem via Youtube and Google, but still no luck.

I am DESPERATE to play this awesome old game with updated rosters, i need my football fix fellas!, help a brother out!. Sad

Sponsored links

Quote:and i sadly do not have a console anymore
you lost the right to use its bios too...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-13-2013, 03:19 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you lost the right to use its bios too...

I mean like a PS3/Xbox 360 to play Madden. I still have my old PS2, even with the network adapter, it's just it's power supply is shot. That's the only reason i have a BIOS, is because i kept it.
apparently, you'll need to use an SVN to make it work read here : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Madden-NF...0-U--30028
unless something's been broken in the latest one, it should work too if you try using it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-13-2013, 04:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: apparently, you'll need to use an SVN to make it work read here : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Madden-NF...0-U--30028
unless something's been broken in the latest one, it should work too if you try using it.

Isnt that in regards to Madden 2005?, I was speaking about ESPN NFL2K5. I have spent a bunch of time getting my ISO off my old disc, and have gotten the emulator up and running with my BIOS and everything else, i just cant seem to get this game past the NFL Logo screen, and if i do, it hangs at the "Sega" Screen. I have tried multiple fix's , even one from these forums!

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/es...k5-pc.html

Anyone else have any guides or tricks or tips to help me to get it running?, my PC Specs are good enough to run BF3 and all the latest games on High/Ultra settings, so i dont see where that should be an issue.
unfortunately the 2K Games versions of NFL (ESPN 2K5, 2K6 etc) have some sort of horrible thing going on where it randomly does and doesn't work, not working more than anything else and we are currently stumped at what is causing it.

I'm afraid you won't be able to play this one on the emulator yet Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-13-2013, 06:03 PM)refraction Wrote: unfortunately the 2K Games versions of NFL (ESPN 2K5, 2K6 etc) have some sort of horrible thing going on where it randomly does and doesn't work, not working more than anything else and we are currently stumped at what is causing it.

I'm afraid you won't be able to play this one on the emulator yet Sad

What a shame!, i appreciate you letting me know.