NFS Underground 2 OpenGL graphic quality and performance report
I tested NFS Underground 2 with OpenGL (Hardware) and I noticed there's no blur motion issue as with Direct3D 11 or Direct3D 9. I checked the wiki and there's a recommendation to use Skipdraw with Direct3D 11 and there's nothing about OpenGL, also Skipdraw isn't too effective. The bad thing is that when it's raining there's a graphic issue that can disturb sometimes, and the performance is not as good as Direct3D 11.

OpenGL default (no motion blur issue)

Direct3D 11 default (motion blur issue)

Direct3D 11 Skipdraw 2 (motion blur is still exagerated)

OpenGL raining (in some spots this issue can disturb)

I also noticed the Blending Unit Accury emulation improves the reflection quality and lights effects a lot in this game when using higher values. It also adds a dark reddish filter (it's the PS2 version of "enhanced constrast" option on PC). With lower values there's almost no car reflection and lights effects are bad. In my opinion the reflection details on PS2 version is superior to PC. However the game runs 30-40 FPS with higher values, which is not playable.

Blending Basic

Blending Full

With Skipdraw 5, OpenGL and Blending Unit Accury in High, we have a nice graphic quality (better colors), the dark reddish filter is removed, I noticed a sharper graphic, probably the antialiasing is removed, some HUD textures are removed too. But all that until the rain starts, then we have another weird graphic issue.

Blending Basic Skipdraw 5

Blending Full Skipdraw 5

Blending Basic Skipdraw 5, raining

An now a comparison between Software rendered graphics and Hardware rendered with Full blending at native resolution, both OpenGL:

Hardware

Software
PC: Intel Core i5 3470 3.2GHz / GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 192-bit / 8GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 10 Pro x64

Sponsored links

My post is probably a bit off-topic...

(10-08-2018, 09:30 PM)GuilhermeGB Wrote: In my opinion the reflection details on PS2 version is superior to PC.

I think the resolution and details of the reflections are fairly similar (comparing native resolution PS2 to PC), but the highest setting for road reflection detail on PC uses a blurring effect for more "realistic" diffuse reflections. Unfortunately the effect doesn't scale very well at higher resolutions.

Road reflection detail 3/3
[Image: sM87l4hm.png]
Road reflection detail 2/3
[Image: qmgCxtlm.png]
(tried to get the same position as your last screenshot, but time of day is a bit different)

Looking at your hardware mode PCSX2 shots, it seems road reflections actually improve in quality at higher resolutions, unlike the PC version. EDIT: this can be fixed using Cheat Engine
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
The car reflection on PS2 is much better than PC. I barelly can see the reflection on rear bumper, even with "Enhanced Constrast" disabled (wich make the image more clear), it looks more like when using basic blending. In garage you also can notice a more realistic car reflection. Road reflection on PS2 might look "better" because the textures are lower quality, then the reflection will look smoother.

If you search you'll see the positive point of PS2 hardware against PC or Xbox was the reflection effect. GTA SA on PC and Xbox doesn't have proper car reflections, PS2 does.

I'll post a screenshot I take from PC version later comparing to the one of Best Buy shop.
PC: Intel Core i5 3470 3.2GHz / GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 192-bit / 8GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 10 Pro x64
Here is it:

Enhanced Contrast disabled

Enhanced Contrast enabled

Now in garage:

PC

PS2 (OpenGL Full Blending)