NHL '09
So, when I try to play NHL '09 on the newest SVN revision of PCSX2, this sort of thing happens:

[Image: nhl09-1.png]

I get tons of 2D corruption in all the menus. I haven't messed with gameplay at all, but this alone is incredibly frustrating.

Anyone know what would cause this?

I have a Radeon 7850, standard clock speeds and stuff, no weird drivers, etc. 13.10 betas, I believe.

As for settings, I use DX9 Hardware mode, native PS2 resolution, Texture filtering disabled, tried enabling sprite hack and disabling (no effect).

I'd love to get this fixed, all I want to do is play some hockey. Sad

I also tried the DX11 renderer as well, but same problem occurs.

Graphics Plugin = GSdx 5727, v0.1.16, SSE2 variant (though I have a phenom II x6 1100T with sse4 support (according to CPUZ), it won't let me use anything higher than 2.

Sponsored links

tried pressing F9 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, menus are fine when it runs in Software mode. I dunno. I wonder how the actual game (in a match) will perform.
Attempted to play a game, and no matter what, the framerate is unplayable. Oh well.
I got mine to run in hardware mode at a solid 58 to 60 fps with no artifacts. The only discernible slowdown is during cut-scenes (pre-game, goal replay, etc.)

CPU: i5 2550K @ 3.40 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
RAM: 8 GB

PCSX2 1.4.0
Emulation Settings
------------------------
Window Size: 1024 x 768
Emulation Settings: Balanced (preset) *safe is good too with only a slight FPS hit, all other modes are either too slow FPS wise or too choppy on the eyes
Speed Hacks: MTVU (checked) *very important that this is turned on, otherwise the FPS will drop to between 30 and 40

GSdx Plugin Settings
------------------------
Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware)
Internal Resolution: 2x Native *tried 8x Native and the FPS plummeted to 5, experiment and see what works for your system
CRC Hack Level: Partial
Blending Unit Accuracy: Basic

All other settings are at their default values. Enjoy NHL 09 gaming at 60 FPS @ a very high resolution!
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go