NTFS compression for MemoryCards
I don't like if applications control file system features like compression. At least the user should be able to turn this off in pcsx2.

NTFS compression has some negative effects. It causes heavy fragmentation and some tools don't work with it.

Sponsored links

Uh heavy fragmentation from a couple of memory card files? Riiight.
Right click on folder->properties->advanced and turn it off.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-15-2009, 04:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: Right click on folder->properties->advanced and turn it off.
And PCSX2 won't turn it on again?
Same feeling here (programs shouldn't be doing that!).

I have it on for the folder from before that change, tho.
It will turn it on again.
Anyway, name one tool that doesn't work with it, and we'll consider making it an option.
(02-15-2009, 04:41 PM)rama Wrote: It will turn it on again.
Anyway, name one tool that doesn't work with it, and we'll consider making it an option.

http://www.ntfs-3g.org/support.html#questions

Quote:Why can't I read or modify some files?
NTFS supports built-in, transparent compression and encryption of files and directories on the file system level. Reading transparently compressed files are supported but writing of compressed and encrypted files is denied at the moment. Please note that compressed files, like .zip, .gz, .rar, etc, can be freely modified because they are compressed on the file, not on the file system level.

Workaround: Uncompress or decrypt the files on Windows.

For some of us, it means we can't just symlink our GNU/Linux pcsx memcards dir to the Windows one. I don't give a damn right now since, due to pcsx2 bad health on Linux, I'm using Windows for it, but it's bound to matter later on.
Just wanted to post the same ntfs-3g thing Smile.
Linux again.. figures :/

Ok, I'll bring it up in the chat, but don't count on us adding an option yet Tongue2