Namco System 246/256
(02-08-2018, 02:21 AM)kenshen Wrote: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAMCO-system-...SwsYpaMoqx - somthing along the lines of this? you also don't need to worry about what "Game" it is like other arcade machines as it's literally a ps2 with a few modifications, ie. Find disk / dongle plug in and play, remeber though it had multiple revisions with different "Compatiblities" between games / machines. Hell it'd almost be easier to make a mame pcsx2 thing to emulate just the revisions of the super system also if this is your first time owning an arcade machine look up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82UCADhV-PY https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAMCO-I-O-TO-...SwB3BaIZZs

I appreciate your help Smile But I am looking to buy a System 246 unit that's located in the UK and not elsewhere. I also have a Tekken 4 dongle and DVD disc in my possession which is very lucky because they don't sell it very often, at least where I live. 

I just need the main unit, I/O board and Soul Calibur II and III, and I will be the happiest man on Earth. Still though kenshen, thanks for your help.

Kindest regards,
AnimeFan95

Sponsored links

Hi.

I am not sure if this is allowed to be discussed on the PCSX2 forums but I will give it a try. I also deeply apologise for bringing this thread back but this will be the last time. I swear it.

I desperately need help regarding the Namco System 246. I have got my System 246 unit along with the I/O board and Tekken 4 dongle and DVD disc, and it powers up just fine. I have the audio, data and power cables connected from the I/O board to the unit. The VGA cable is also connected from the System 246 unit to my PC monitor.

Trouble is I am receiving no image from the System 246 on my PC monitor. I am sure that my PC monitor supports VGA connections because I have tested my old laptop to the PC monitor via VGA cable, and the display of the laptop outputs fine when I switch to VGA source. When I connect my System 246 to the monitor, I have no option to switch between DVI and VGA.

I have also set the dip switches by turning 2 and 3 on which should support 31kz (640x480) but still no luck. I am powering the System 246 unit using an ATX power supply, and the main unit functions properly. The fan runs and the DVD drive is blinking orange when reading the Tekken 4 disc.

Can you please provide any advice on how to resolve this issue? Is it also worth it to check if the system makes the 3 beep sounds when checking for the dongle via speakers? I would GREATLY appreciate it....Please forgive my stupidity as this my very first arcade system... Sad

I am sure that the System 246 is not faulty because the seller that I got it from said that it has been tested, and it should work with Tekken 4. It also a dedicated Tekken 4 PCB.

Many thanks.

Kindest regards,
AnimeFan95
(03-06-2018, 12:52 PM)AnimeFan95 Wrote: I am sure that the System 246 is not faulty because the seller that I got it from said that it has been tested
Isn't it great that sellers are always 100% telling the full truth. Laugh
I think I figured out a way to fix my display issue. I noticed that some people are using an arcade power supply rather than a PC power supply, and they are having more success with that supply. Additionally, I do not have a JAMMA cable connected to the JAMMA PCB board because I wanted to see if I can power up the System 246 without a joystick or controls. 

If I have both of these components in place, will that resolve my problem? Because at the moment (I think I may have mentioned this) I am using an ATX power supply, which may not be provide enough power to the System 246, and I need some sort of input to send to the PC monitor (Considering that the monitor says "No signal" and "Input not supported" at times). 

Please let me know your thoughts. I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95
(03-07-2018, 07:50 PM)AnimeFan95 Wrote: I think I figured out a way to fix my display issue. I noticed that some people are using an arcade power supply rather than a PC power supply, and they are having more success with that supply. Additionally, I do not have a JAMMA cable connected to the JAMMA PCB board because I wanted to see if I can power up the System 246 without a joystick or controls. 

If I have both of these components in place, will that resolve my problem? Because at the moment (I think I may have mentioned this) I am using an ATX power supply, which may not be provide enough power to the System 246, and I need some sort of input to send to the PC monitor (Considering that the monitor says "No signal" and "Input not supported" at times). 

Please let me know your thoughts. I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95

Really the difference between the arcade power supply and the pc, shouldn't be much of an issue. I'd connect the controller as many systems will not boot without one attached.
(03-09-2018, 10:10 PM)kenshen Wrote: Really the difference between the arcade power supply and the pc, shouldn't be much of an issue. I'd connect the controller as many systems will not boot without one attached.

I understand. I will connect the Jamma Harness and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot Smile

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95
(11-27-2017, 01:37 AM)refraction Wrote: As far as I know, Magicgate hasn't been cracked, or is very difficult to do, so it's unlikely we will ever do it.

Magicgate was indeed cracked a long time ago, plus some people cracked open the PS3 and found the Keys under the doormat.

PLS add support For KELF/KIRX files 

[Image: dW7CL0j.png]
I'd be very nervous about using magicgate encryption keys handed to me on a plate, the legal ground for it seems very rocky and I don't personally want to put the emulator in jeopardy.

If one of the other devs wants to do it and there's an overall agreeance amongst them, then have at it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I want to echo ref's concern. Perhaps if someone wants to take that risk they could do so on their own in some external tool (if possible) but I think that since this did by some manner or another come out of a PS2 or PS3, you could apply the same logic of why we don't reverse and directly use BIOS code, to why we don't reverse and directly use MagicGate codes. Much much cleaner to just expect data to be decrypted and casually ignore MagicGate at runtime.
I don't really want anyone taking this risk, but say that MagicGate was able to be decrypted. How would this affect compability of certain games? I was thinking that with MagicGate, we would be steps closer to a more perfect emulator. As I said earlier, if it does causes some legal issues, then just forget it.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!