Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 - slow on high-end machine
Hello!

I've played Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 about 3 years ago, on my old machine(AMD x2 4400+ with GeForce 8600GT), and that ran it perfectly, with EE cycle stealing 33%. It ran absolutely perfect.

Now, on my new laptop(Intel i7-4702MQ, 4 cores/8 threads, 2.2 Ghz and GTX 760M 2GB), it runs in slow motion, no matter what settings/plugins i use. The cycle stealing does nothing.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the gsdx11 plugin.

Sponsored links

Use mtvu speedhacks, dont set higher than 2x native resolution, make sure your laptop isnt running on batteries, and set windows power plan to high performance.
Keep in mind 2.2 ghz is low for pcsx2.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-07-2014, 03:59 PM)kakashi07 Wrote: Hello!

I've played Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 about 3 years ago, on my old machine(AMD x2 4400+ with GeForce 8600GT), and that ran it perfectly, with EE cycle stealing 33%. It ran absolutely perfect.

Now, on my new laptop(Intel i7-4702MQ, 4 cores/8 threads, 2.2 Ghz and GTX 760M 2GB), it runs in slow motion, no matter what settings/plugins i use. The cycle stealing does nothing.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the gsdx11 plugin.

that game isn't that much demanding and, i played it at my c2d at 60fps on 2xnative even @2.4ghz since, you have laptop their processing power can't be compared to a desktop since, they are exactly different architecture because lap is limited by it's power intake. so the solution would be to use your lap while charging and using high performance plan and using sppedhacks gs and ee to 2. and, using mtvu or sw mode +3 threads. and, use dx9 (hardware)they give better performance in this game than dx11 in cost of some flickering at random time interval,which isn't much annoying.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
OK, gonna try wirh dx9 and post the results
(11-07-2014, 07:21 PM)kakashi07 Wrote: OK, gonna try wirh dx9 and post the results

though beware, dx9 causes some issues which isn't caused by dx11. other than that, there's will be no problem on speed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
is your windows power plan set to high performance and is your laptop plugged in.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I have doubt on mtvu recommdation but the op can try ! maybe it will work !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(11-08-2014, 06:03 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: is your windows power plan set to high performance and is your laptop plugged in.

yeah, i exactly forgot about that, thanks for mentioning that to op.
@op,
it looks like this game performs better in hw mode than sw mode so, don't use sw mode for now on this game.
- Refraction