Native Mac Testing Build
(05-23-2020, 09:33 AM)Quenz Wrote: Here you are. The other logs (dev8null.log, FWnull.log, USBnull.log) are empty, and padLog.txt simply contains "PADinit"
Hmm sadly it doesn't seem to have managed to get the crash info into there
BTW not sure if you noticed but there's a new release up that should fix the graphics glitching (mostly at least, shadows were still a bit funny on my 6770m)

(05-25-2020, 11:04 AM)Behodar Wrote: With that said... is there a fullscreen option that I haven't discovered yet, or is that still on the to-do list?
Does the green window button not work?

Sponsored links

(05-24-2020, 09:24 PM)Behodar Wrote: Just to keep you on your toes, here's an interesting one:

I originally had my game images sitting on my desktop. Using 'Boot ISO (fast)', I could select an image and it'd run. Then I tidied things up a bit, and put the images on a different drive. Now when I select an image, PCSX2 immediately crashes (report attached). If I move them back to the desktop then they work again.

The full path to the images is /Volumes/Data/PS2 Games. I thought it might be the space, but removing it didn't help. I also wondered whether it might be the path length, but running from the root of /Volumes/Data also crashes. My desktop is on an APFS drive while Data is HFS+.

Any ideas what's causing this one?

Edit: Forgot to say that there's nothing added to emuLog.txt; it has the usual startup stuff up to 'plugins loaded successfully' but nothing else.

Edit #2: I did 'reset all settings' (or whatever it's called) and it's working now... including Kingdom Hearts! Strange, but resolved.

Okay I'm getting crashes whenever PCSX2 tries to add a 5th item to the ISO list, that's probably your issue. Will hopefully be fixed soon™
(05-25-2020, 11:25 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: Does the green window button not work?

Not the way that I'd expect. This moves the ~640x480 game into the top-left corner and turns the rest of the screen black. Double-clicking the window does the same thing. Unfortunately my other machine is running 10.15 so I can't test it there.

(05-25-2020, 11:38 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: Okay I'm getting crashes whenever PCSX2 tries to add a 5th item to the ISO list, that's probably your issue.

That would explain it Smile
I am—by choice—running the very old OS X 10.9, so the amount you care may vary. However, I wanted to report that the GS, PAD, and SPU2 plugins are apparently unable to load on this system.

In the log:

Code:
[wx] dlopen(/Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libGSdx.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _mkostemp
  Referenced from: /Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libffi.6.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libffi.6.dylib
[wx] dlopen(/Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libonepad.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _mkostemp
  Referenced from: /Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libffi.6.dylib
Plugin Enumeration Thread complete!
[wx] dlopen(/Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _AudioComponentFindNext
  Referenced from: /Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libportaudio.2.dylib
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
in /Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libportaudio.2.dylib

This results in me being unable to select those plugins in the configuration page, and—by extension—use the emulator.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-05-27-at-1-22-38-PM.png]

Again, I'm on 10.9, so you may not care—but the app currently lists 10.9 as supported, and it would be super cool if it could run! Smile Hopefully it just needs the deployment target to be changed, or some such?
(05-27-2020, 07:26 PM)Wowfunhappy Wrote: I am—by choice—running the very old OS X 10.9, so the amount you care may vary. However, I wanted to report that the GS, PAD, and SPU2 plugins are apparently unable to load on this system.

In the log:

Code:
[wx] dlopen(/Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libGSdx.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _mkostemp
[wx] dlopen(/Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libonepad.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _mkostemp
Plugin Enumeration Thread complete!
[wx] dlopen(/Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _AudioComponentFindNext
  Referenced from: /Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libportaudio.2.dylib
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
in /Applications/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libportaudio.2.dylib

This results in me being unable to select those plugins in the configuration page, and—by extension—use the emulator.
Yeah the issue is that while the app is compiled with 10.9 as the deployment target, the libraries it included (supplied by MacPorts) were compiled for the version of macOS on the computer I was running (10.12)
If you want, you can try installing libffi and portaudio with MacPorts (include +universal for 32-bit support) and then replace the dylibs in PCSX2.app/Contents/Frameworks with the ones from your MacPorts and hopefully it'll work
Edit: It looks like MacPorts has a macosx_deployment_target flag so I can try setting it to 10.9 on my computer for the next build and see if it helps
(05-17-2020, 05:27 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: I've been working on getting PCSX2 building on macOS, and a number of people have asked for a build, so here it is:

https://mega.nz/file/iI9RCCzJ#6p8i5bAKwP...vAL4mP-PU8

Known Issues
  • The build is 32-bit and will not run on Catalina
If you have any issues that aren't listed above, please report them here

All Builds and Changelog:

2020-06-01
  • Fixes z-fighting in textures
  • Fixes crash when 5 or more ISOs were in the recents list
  • Improves compatibility with macOS 10.9
2020-05-24
  • Fixes textures glitching out in the HW renderer
2020-05-18
  • Fixes issue with GSdx plugin reloading
  • Fixes an issue with OpenGL HW renderer
2020-05-16
  • First release

I found that your build works very nice on my Mojave system... only problem is that plugin doesn't recognize two PC gamepads that i have?
Is it there other plugin or something?

Thank you
(05-29-2020, 01:57 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: Yeah the issue is that while the app is compiled with 10.9 as the deployment target, the libraries it included (supplied by MacPorts) were compiled for the version of macOS on the computer I was running (10.12)
If you want, you can try installing libffi and portaudio with MacPorts (include +universal for 32-bit support) and then replace the dylibs in PCSX2.app/Contents/Frameworks with the ones from your MacPorts and hopefully it'll work
Edit: It looks like MacPorts has a macosx_deployment_target flag so I can try setting it to 10.9 on my computer for the next build and see if it helps

Okay, we're getting there!

The new build didn't work, but with different libraries causing problems according to the log:

Code:
[wx] dlopen(/Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libGSdx.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libgio-2.0.0.dylib
in /Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libgio-2.0.0.dylib
[wx] dlopen(/Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libonepad.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libgio-2.0.0.dylib
in /Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libgio-2.0.0.dylib
[wx] dlopen(/Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: _mkostemp
  Referenced from: /Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libfontconfig.1.dylib
in /Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libfontconfig.1.dylib

So I downloaded http://packages.macports.org/glib2/glib2...86_64.tbz2 and copied the dylibs to pcsx2.app/contents/frameworks, replacing the existing ones.

Unfortunately, this led me into a bit of a dependency quagmire, because the relevant error in the log changed too:

Code:
library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libglib-2.0.0.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libglib-2.0.0.dylib requires version 9.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0

Okay, I think, so MacPorts's Darwin-13-compatible version of libglib was compiled against a newer version of libiconv. That's kind of weird, but okay, I can swap out libiconv as well. I downloaded http://packages.macports.org/libiconv/li...86_64.tbz2 and copied libiconv.2.dylib... which promptly caused PCSX2 to outright crash at startup. Problem Reporter says:

Code:
Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libiconv.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Jonathan/Downloads/PCSX2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libwx_baseu-3.0.0.4.0.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libwx_baseu-3.0.dylib requires version 9.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0

I don't understand how this is possible. When you put both messages together, they tell us:

• Your included libiconv provides only version 7
• MacPorts's libiconv also provides only version 7
• MacPorts's libglib requires libiconv version 9
• libwx also requires libiconv version 9...
• ...but, libwx was perfectly happy with your included libiconv, even though, as we've established, it also provides only version 7.

What?
OK... so i' managed to get my controlers woriking with https://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool/
this tool generates data that you can put in OnePad.ini Wink

IMO this is now much better that WINE version - run in full speed - and i love it Wink

I hope that v1.6 can be compiled for OSX - that way this will be a killer Wink
(05-25-2020, 08:46 PM)Behodar Wrote: Not the way that I'd expect. This moves the ~640x480 game into the top-left corner and turns the rest of the screen black. Double-clicking the window does the same thing. Unfortunately my other machine is running 10.15 so I can't test it there.

I was able to test this on a 10.14.6 machine with an AMD M370X and it behaved the same way.
Hello guys,
I just saw this thread, this a really good news! I was still running it through wine....

I have been taking a look and we still don't have anything in the CI/CD regarding macOS, I'm quite interested into do it.
Do you know if there is any special reason why it is not done yet? If there is no constraints, I can start doing a PR.

Thanks!