Native Mac Testing Build
It's a 2013 model, so yeah, very old. Looking to get a model with an i7-8700 graphics card.

Sponsored links

I have a 2020 (Intel) and have yet to find any games that it struggles with*... although my collection is relatively small.

*When running them at PS2 native resolution. Running at 5k is another matter entirely!
I'm seeing corrupted graphics on playing Call of Duty Bug Red One, if Graphic config sets to Metal or Vulkan renderer, but Software renderer is fine (MacBook Pro 16" 2019 model).  Is this a known issue?

(06-06-2022, 10:06 AM)MicJack Wrote: I'm seeing corrupted graphics on playing Call of Duty Bug Red One, if Graphic config sets to Metal or Vulkan renderer, but Software renderer is fine (MacBook Pro 16" 2019 model).  Is this a known issue?

Yes. Same on windows build
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-24-2022, 12:37 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: PCSX2 Mac OpenGL is kind of broken due to macOS OpenGL not supporting texture barriers, while PCSX2 code assumes that texture barriers will be supported.  Starting with 04-10, you should be able to avoid most (but not all) barrier situations by setting blending to Minimum.

For drag & drop, it seems to be an issue with the newer wx that I've been using for the 64-bit builds.  You can try the 32-bit build if your computer is older, or for newer computers, it will hopefully be fixed in the first official build of PCSX2 Mac (coming soon™).

Nice to hear of new coming soon PCSX2 official build for Mac. All thank to you TellowKrinkle and all friends of PCSX2 team  Cool

Just for confirm, and yes I can confirm the PCSX2 2022-04-10 32-Bit does work with drag & drop, I'm using on old iMac 2011 with High Sierra 10.13.6
The nightly pcsx2-v1.7.2996-macos-wxWidgets.tar.gz version's drag & drop does not work.
I just wished the that PCSX2 had something like OpenEMU interface library with art boxes games  Laugh

(05-07-2022, 02:29 AM)iamqk Wrote: Hello, in Mac, does the widescreen patch works or not? I tried myself several ways, but only get stretched widescreen, the patch seemed not work. I tried to make my own modification through cheat engine, but there are two many hits on search memory. May you help me with some better way about playing 3d game in "real" widesreen? Thx!

Use version or later of PCSX2 2022-04-10 and make sure you've checked the in the PCSX2 menu System > Game Settings > Enable Widescreen Patches. and also check in Config > General Settings > GS Windows , and set aspect ratio to 16:9, the second FMV aspect ratio override stretches the screen so not good looking  Tongue  
Remember it depends on Games too.
Good luck  Happy and I'm sorry for late reply
For report,
The nightly version of pcsx2-v1.7.2996-macos-wxWidgets.tar.gz won't work on my iMac 2011 High Sierra 10.13.6
a blank message appears with this log:

Code:
PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.2996 Compiled on Jun 24 2022
Savestate version: 0x9a2d0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Darwin 17.7.0 x86_64
Physical RAM     =  10240 MB
CPU name         =         Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz
Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed        =  2.494 ghz (1 logical thread)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 1fbae3ff
x86EFlags        =  28100800

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 AVX

Installing POSIX SIGSEGV handler...
Reserving memory for recompilers...
HLE Host: Set 'host:' root path to: /

Patches: No CRC found, using 00000000 instead.
[b]isoFile open ok: /Users/durraq/Documents/Compute mini/Game/PlayStation 2 Games/PS2 Shadow the Hedgehog (America).chd[/b]
Image type  = DVD
 * CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
 * * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2194320 sectors)
Unknown render API 5
Failed to acquire host display
GS failed to open.

You can also look at screenshot

Please don't remove the PCSX2 version 2022-04-10 (since it's the best worked for me), because I was afraid as I could not find this specific packaged on your github source code.  Unsure
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Any advice on best running setting getting very slow and laggy when i run battlefront 2 have most of the lowest/slowest settings on and still very slow frames
I tried the software renderer. No crashes, and the glitches I mentioned above don't seem to occur. I haven't re-tried all the same games, but it's looking very promising! Thanks again Smile
Are wheels supported at all?

I have a Logitech GT Force, the one that came in a bundle with GT3.  I saw on PC there is a wheels plugin (QEmuWheels) but I don't think it's supported own the Mac - is that correct?

Awesome work by the way, I'm blown away by how accomplished this is...starting up a few old favourites brought a nostalgic tear to my eye!
keeps crashing on 2011 macbook pro