Native Mac Testing Build
see post #153

Sponsored links

I've ran multiple versions of PCSX2 on my old Windows PCs but I could never get them to work on my MacBook. I'm pretty excited that I can get my .iso's to run with this and they don't look bad at all. 

But, I am having huge issues with my controller. I'm using some cheap PS2-USB controller from Amazon and I've tried the SDL2 Gamepad Tool but I couldn't get a good calibration. It looks like it's made for Xbox controllers and I'm not really sure what to do here since it won't calibrate with my analog sticks, is there an option to switch it to Dualshock that I'm missing? Also, I've seen a couple of people's OnePad2.ini and tried their mappings with no success, and also my "uid[0] = 0" so I'm not sure if my controller is really being seen. There is an old OnePad 1.1.0 floating around that I've read can be calibrated but the installer does nothing for me. 

If someone got the controller to work, I'd definitely appreciate a quick YouTube tutorial if possible, it doesn't seem too hard to do but it just isn't working for a lot of people in the thread. 

Below is my OnePad2.ini, after mapping my PS2-USB to the Xbox layout (doesn't read the analog sticks), no responses in the OnePad Plugin menu at all. 

first_time_wizard = 0
log = 0
options = 0
mouse_sensibility = 100
ff_intensity = 32767
uid[0] = 0
uid[1] = 0
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0xb = 2
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x12 = 12
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x13 = 15
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x14 = 13
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x15 = 14
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x3b = 1
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x69 = 4
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x6a = 7
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x6b = 6
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x6c = 5
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x6e = 11
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x70 = 3
PAD 0:KEYSYM 0x76 = 8
SDL2 = 03000000790000000600000007010000, VILROS PS2USB,platform:Mac OS X,a:b2,b:b1,x:b3,y:b0,back:b8,start:b9,leftstick:b10,rightstick:b11,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpup:-a1,dpdown:+a1,dpleft:-a0,dpright:+a0,lefttrigger:b6,righttrigger:b7,'
For those that are curious/interested, here is the result of some informal testing of the 2020-07-27 build of PCSX2 on my M1 MBP with 16GB of ram. These are not complete plays of the games, just quick loads to see what is willing to start up. At this time, only the OpenGL HW renderer works on the new Apple Silicon systems, OpenGL SW crashes every one of these games.

Activision Anthology - Okay, once you get past the memory card prompts (hidden on a blank screen)
Capcom Classic Collection - Okay
Capcom Classic Collection Vol 2 - Okay
CastleVania Curse of Darkness - Okay
CastleVania Lament of Innocence - Okay
Disgaea Hour of Darkness - Okay
Disgaea 2 Cursed Memories - Okay
FF XII - Blank screen with audio at start, game plays fine after new game/load game selection
Grandia II - Okay
Grandia III - Okay
Intellivision Lives! - Okay
Kingdom Hearts - Blank screen with audio
Megaman X Command Mission - Okay
Midway Arcade Treasures - Okay
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 - Okay
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 - Okay
NAMCO Museum - Okay
NAMCO Museum 50th Anniversary - Okay
Onimusha Warlords - Okay
Phantasy Star Generation 1 - Blank screen with audio
Phantasy Star Generation 2 - Okay
Phantasy Star Universe - Stuck at PlayStation 2 boot logo
Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of the Illuminus - Stuck at PlayStation 2 boot logo
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne - Okay
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - plays, but very slow. just trying to get to the start menu it runs between 0.98 fps and 16 fps. The same behavior occurs with Play! under Rosetta 2 using both OpenGL and Vulkan renderers. Disabling framelimiting does not improve speed.

With the exception of Thievius Raccoonus, all games ran at 98-101% speed & between 58 and 62 fps. (Especially the ones that stayed at blank screens.)
This is really a great effort. I'm trying to build this from the MacOS branch in https://github.com/tellowkrinkle/pcsx2/tree/MacOS in macOS 10.15 with XCode 12.

I have added in the cmake rules the following directive:

Code:
set(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "-Wl,-lSystem")

But apparently the issue is that with XCode >= 10 the ability to produce 32 bit executables: https://developer.apple.com/documentatio...ease-notes , as I'm getting this linker error:

Code:
ld: warning: ignoring file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/usr/lib/libSystem.tbd, missing required architecture i386 in file /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/usr/lib/libSystem.tbd

Is the currently recommended solution to just install XCode 9.x, or is there any alternative? Thanks.
MacOS 10.15 dropped support for 32 bit apps and the MacOSX 10.15 sdks reflect this change. You would have to use an earlier version of Xcode and macOS to build a 32-bit copy of PCSX2.
I've been looking for a PS2 emulator for Mac for YEARS, had bad luck trying to install the .exe one via wine a few months ago, and just stumbled on this today.

I tried playing We Love Katamari, and it worked great until the actual gameplay, when it went from a framerate of 100% to about 16%.

I've tried random settings with the video stuff and plugins, and nothing seems to get it to be much faster, is there any way I can get things to be playable on this computer? It's not too new but I assume PSX2 is pretty old anyway so it should work on this machine. Most sources I found for it elsewhere go back to 2011 or earlier.

I'm using a 2015 Macbook Pro 13"
3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I've tried shutting down all other apps and background processes that I can find, at most times PCSX2 is using 60–70% CPU even though the framerate is running at 16% in the game. I did see a couple times that when I'd try to change graphics settings it was using over 100% CPU, but that might just be from starting back up again I think.
What does AIO read failed: error code 35 mean?
(12-20-2020, 08:26 AM)playsticken Wrote: I tried playing We Love Katamari, and it worked great until the actual gameplay, when it went from a framerate of 100% to about 16%.

I'm using a 2015 Macbook Pro 13"
3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 

I’m on a 2015 MacBook Air, and this version works perfectly for me if I use the software renderer and not the hardware renderer. 

With the software renderer you can’t upscale the graphics, but I’m getting excellent fps. 

(I haven’t tried WL Katamari though, there could be a specific issue with that game...?)
Hello guys,
I have been helping @TellowKrinkle, with the automation of the binaries for MacOS.

Finally, we did it!!!
Now every time that @TellowKrinkle, makes a change in the source code, we automatically have a new binary.

Just enter here, and select the first item from the list
https://github.com/tellowkrinkle/pcsx2/a...S+Build%22

Then at the bottom, you have a section called "Artifacts" from there you can download the latest binary.

Thanks!!!
(12-30-2020, 12:08 PM)fjtrujy Wrote: Hello guys,
I have been helping @TellowKrinkle, with the automation of the binaries for MacOS.

Finally, we did it!!!
Now every time that @TellowKrinkle, makes a change in the source code, we automatically have a new binary.

Just enter here, and select the first item from the list
https://github.com/tellowkrinkle/pcsx2/a...S+Build%22

Then at the bottom, you have a section called "Artifacts" from there you can download the latest binary.

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the gesture.

However, when i'm trying to download the binaries from the "Artifacts" section, i get the 404 error.