Native Windows Bluetooth drivers for PlayStation 3 Peripherals
(09-05-2019, 06:08 PM)Dissectionalone Wrote: This is extremely interesting specially since the ds3 is the controller I use the most with all my games. I'm still using SCP (never had much trouble with it though) but an alternative without compatibility issues is always welcome.

On the ds4 side, do you think it would be possible (at the driver level) to have the controller identified as a ds4 over bluetooth instead of only while connect through a usb cable? It's kinda annoying having a wireless controller plugged in just to have proper ds4 button prompts on the steam games that support it for example.

Cheers

Well mostly works I have had some problems.. my legit original first gen the very first Move controllers will not work at all. My original DualShock 3 controllers also do not work but the fake one works fine. Just too bad it's a poor cheap imitation and does not have a good smooth linear joystick so it sticks when first moving.

So your mileage may vary and only got one game to work properly with feedback.

Sponsored links

Release when?

Can we have beta acces?
(09-05-2019, 07:09 PM)molitar Wrote: Well mostly works I have had some problems.. my legit original first gen the very first Move controllers will not work at all. My original DualShock 3 controllers also do not work but the fake one works fine. Just too bad it's a poor cheap imitation and does not have a good smooth linear joystick so it sticks when first moving.

So your mileage may vary and only got one game to work properly with feedback.

It's noteworthy that this has been taken care of  Tongue No, I haven't shot molitar, he's fixed his Windows installation Biggrin
(09-05-2019, 06:08 PM)Dissectionalone Wrote: This is extremely interesting specially since the ds3 is the controller I use the most with all my games. I'm still using SCP (never had much trouble with it though) but an alternative without compatibility issues is always welcome.

On the ds4 side, do you think it would be possible (at the driver level) to have the controller identified as a ds4 over bluetooth instead of only while connect through a usb cable? It's kinda annoying having a wireless controller plugged in just to have proper ds4 button prompts on the steam games that support it for example.

Cheers

That's possible, yes. I've actually experimented with multiple "fake" output devices to achieve a wide compatibility range for e.g. the pressure sensitive buttons.

(09-22-2019, 08:31 PM)Dan Hot Wrote: Release when?

Can we have beta acces?

I announce (closed) betas on my Discord and/or forums to a small test group. I don't do public betas anymore, it's too dangerous having unfinished binaries floating around with the potential of crashing the entire computer. So It's released once I deem it's rock-solid stable.
Be aware if you are having problems with legit controllers be sure that you are not running Windows 10 build 1809. This version has many problems one is this driver does not work properly and remote scanning breaks randomly in it. These issues were resolved in the latest build 1903. Both of these problems went away after updating to 1903.

Due to running quite a bit of custom software I have to test functionality typically in a vm before I can upgrade my personal system so far very little problems with 1903 after figuring out some workarounds for some of my software. So best suggestion make sure you are running Build 1903 of Windows 10 before using this driver.
It's release-o-clock soon...  Ninja
I dug out my old DS3 in preparation. I can't wait!
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
And there we have it, enjoy!

See you in 2020!
hats off Smile
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks so much for all of your hard work! The driver works flawlessly and I think the setup/pairing went even more smoothly than SCP did. Unfortunately for me, I think my DS3 might be broken... It registers random button presses (either X, O, Square or Triangle) whenever I move the left analog stick quickly. I'm fairly certain that it isn't due to your driver because it was happening with SCP using the same controller as well.

That said, I'm going to go ahead and ask a question that may benefit other users too: is there a way to open the Shibari.Dom.Server.exe silently (without the console window opening)? That way a user could set it as a startup task via task scheduler and not have to launch it and minimize the console window every time they wanted to use their controller. Apologies if this is already covered, I've never used Shibari before.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit