Need Help With Optimization
pretty much. each game needs to be tweaked individually to be optimized. So there is a chance that if you keep playing with things you can get some minor increases. EX) taking off 8 bit textures in FFX increases my performance in troubled areas by 40+fps.

For the most part however, your cpu is holding you back. Just remember what Bositman said, your EE% is at 92% in your screen shot. That means your using almost all your processing power. Also ive never heard of AMD>Intel for gaming.....in any situation.
i5 2500K 3.3ghz turbo to 4.2ghz
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM

Sponsored links

Well, I will say that I've tried the Pal version of Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 and it does in-deed run smoother, but that doesn't help me with my over all problem of getting my PS2 collection to run on this emulator with my current setup.

Before I give up, here are a few last ditch efforts I can think of. Tell me what you think if I did the following:

1. Would bumping the DirectX 10 (Hardware) to either (Software) or dropping it to DirectX9 (Hardware) do anything? I'd assume not if this is a CPU issue.
  2. Is it at all possible that changing my graphics plug-in to something besides the default SSE could help?
  3. Finaly, what if I bought an older PS2 and dumped an earlier set of BIOS. Could the newest set I have be hurting performance? I could buy an older PS2 off eBay and try that.
Try it with DX9 hardware for a test but software would be too slow.
The SSE level has only minor impact on performance. Use what your CPU supports (GSdx tells you if it doesn't find the required feature set).
BIOS versions don't make a difference in emulator performance.
(08-24-2012, 09:55 PM)psderby Wrote: Finaly, what if I bought an older PS2 and dumped an earlier set of BIOS. Could the newest set I have be hurting performance? I could buy an older PS2 off eBay and try that.

But avoid from buying first Japanese version of PS2, it's BIOS known to have compatibility problems with games.

I doubt you can find that PS2 any more. Tongue
Well, if we've established above in the previous post that the BIOS has no effect on speed, then I'd be wasting my time and money to get another PS2 at this point.

Also, if we've established that the GSdx plugin settings or the DirectX version have no direct effect on CPU performance (which we've determined is the core issue here being that it's maxed out), it may appear that PCSX2 is not for me...on this system any way.

Very disappointing as I did have HIGH hopes. Any last thoughts or ideas before I close the book on this effort?
Sorry it didn't work out Tongue2