Need Help With XAudio2
Hello! I'm trying to get this to work but it looks like I'm not having much of a luck. 

While I was trying to run Persona 3 FES, I got an error about failing to initiate the XAudio2 engine, I did some quick searching and found that I needed to download some DirectX End-User runtimes for it to work. I wasted no time and got that done, downloaded and set them up. The game actually starts this time, however I still get the error about failing to initiate XAudio2 and the game runs without sound, to no surprise. Could someone help out? Thank you very much in advance!

Sponsored links

what did you actually download and install ?
June 2010 redist ?

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-27-2019, 09:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what did you actually download and install ?
June 2010 redist ?

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
Thank you for responding so soon! I have the binary version and I checked the logs folder however the only files there are called "dev9null", "FWnull" and "USBnull" I checked them all just in case and it seems like all three are empty. 

I downloaded the Runtimes from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=8109  I think it is the June 2010 redist one. 

Is there something I'm missing? I really am new to this, but really, thank you very much.
you mean you can't even start the game ?
(09-27-2019, 09:40 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you mean you can't even start the game ?
I was able to start the game after downloading the Runtimes and installing them.

But I still get the same error and the game runs without any sound.
it's weird you don't have any emulog, then.tried having a look at my documents\pcsx2\logs ?
Did you try directsound ? It sound good.