Need a frame boost on Sly 2
I opened a thread similiar to this before it was about Sly 1, back then I was using an old version of Pscx2 and when I updated it, my problems vanished in general. I finished it peacefully. But the second game doesn't seem to fall for that trick. It might because of that game graphics are improved. Frame speed is somewhere between 20-15, imagine the pain. But I have a hope. I remember when I was playing with the setups to improve first game, I found an option that signifcantly increases graphic quality. But it decrased the frame rate also. Sly 2 came with that option. Maybe I can undone it. And if I can not what should I do? Have any idea, folks?

Oh and You'll probably wondering my pc specs. Here they are;

Lenovo G780
Windows 8 Single Language 64 Bit
CPU:Intel®Core™ i5-3210m @ 2.50 GHz
GPU:GeForce GT 635M
4096 MB Ram
DirectX 11
1600x900 32 Bit(60 Hz)
Generic PnP Monitor

PSCX2 1.0.0 (r5350)

Sponsored links

set gsdx internal res to native and use sme speedhacks.
your GPU is unfortunately a bit weak for this game. Just hope it'll be enough to run it in native Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-25-2013, 10:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: set gsdx internal res to native and use sme speedhacks.
your GPU is unfortunately a bit weak for this game. Just hope it'll be enough to run it in native Wink

I did. It destroyed visual quality. And nothing positive occured either.
can you please tell us what are the EE% & gs % when you get slowdowns ?
If i remember what the devs said correctly, this series uses some pseudo depth-of-field (or was it 3D-like?) technique that pretty much destroys GSdx, thus the low framerates in hardware mode and almost double speed in software mode. Not much you can do really instead of max out the speedhacks and bear with it. Sad
(05-25-2013, 10:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please tell us what are the EE% & gs % when you get slowdowns ?

Around %50-60 EE and %70-80 GS.

(05-25-2013, 10:47 PM)Coornio Wrote: If i remember what the devs said correctly, this series uses some pseudo depth-of-field (or was it 3D-like?) technique that pretty much destroys GSdx, thus the low framerates in hardware mode and almost double speed in software mode. Not much you can do really instead of max out the speedhacks and bear with it. Sad

I switched to the software mode. It increased average frame rate by 10 frame per second but graphics are just wasted Sad
looks like your GpU is a bit struggling.
But if what ccornio said is true, I guess you'll have no other choice but playing it on your PS2 for now.