Need a little help
hi, I sucessfully installed crossover, and have paid for it. For some unknown reason i cannot install it, it gives me an error when opening it. i wanted to know if the 0.97 package had an installer, or if it had all the components in it already.

p.s. crossover is a app for running windows on mac.
halo modder
pcsx2 user
mac hacker

Sponsored links

PCSX2 0.9.7 comes in both an installer and a binary package to just unpack and run if you have the required DLLs alreay installed.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

What is it you have problem installing?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-17-2010, 02:40 AM)teh poa Wrote: hi, I sucessfully installed crossover, and have paid for it. For some unknown reason i cannot install it, it gives me an error when opening it. i wanted to know if the 0.97 package had an installer, or if it had all the components in it already.

Ok, That confused me for a second. LOL

"I sucessfully installed crossover, and have paid for it. For some unknown reason I cannot install it."

But, as I read on, I begin to guess that every "it" after the first must be PCSX2, right?

PCSX2 does indeed have an installer, but that won't help Crossover's lack of DirectX9. It only emulates DirectX 8.1.

Quote:...crossover does not support DirectX 9. It is not a matter of "upgrading it". If you want to play games on your mac, install xp using bootcamp or vmware fusion.
Oh yeah, thats why...
thanks anyway.
halo modder
pcsx2 user
mac hacker
or you could use the OpenGL plugin since that has nothing to do with DirectX
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
ok i just figured out it does support DirectX 9. crossover just doesnt support it yet.
halo modder
pcsx2 user
mac hacker