Need for Speed Underground 2 [SLUS 21065] (U)
status=5;
version=1.0.0;
console=PS2;
crc=F5C7B45F;
img_t=1237286223j08;
img_f=1237286194j08;
wikiurl=Link;
Code:
empty
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.4 Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM in Triple Channel | GeForce GTX 285
2.5 TB Hard Drive Space | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Official betatester of PCSX2

Sponsored links

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 4GB

Build Description: PCSX2 1.7.0-dev-941 (Windows 10)
If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: USA v02.30 (20/02/2008) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

GSdx Settings: OpenGL, 4x Native, Texture Filtering of Display (unchecked); rest defaults.

GSdx HW Hacks: None

Speedhacks Used: EE Cycle Skipping 2 (Moderate), INTC Spin Detection, Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack

Gamefixes Used: None

Amount of testing done: medium

Comments:

* Game runs at full speed without any special settings until the car model appears in the main menu. After that, the speed drops more than 50% and this force to use speedhacks.
* Speed can be restored to acceptable when using, for example, the above speed hacks.
** EE Cycle Skipping 2 (or higher) cause white noise. When used with it MTVU or Instant VU1 becomes even more white noise.
* In software mode game speed is unplayable.

Bugs (hadrware mode only):

* Broken lighting: causing something like a color filter effect.
* Line behind player's car.

Status
Playable

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Using EE Cycle Skipping will give you a false FPS readout. The game is graphically intensive and you will be better off with a lower resolution and blending settings
(02-06-2021, 06:06 AM)CK1 Wrote: Using EE Cycle Skipping will give you a false FPS readout.

So this is why I heard slow-motion of in-game music, although the FPS counter was maximum.

(02-06-2021, 06:06 AM)CK1 Wrote: The game is graphically intensive and you will be better off with a lower resolution and blending settings

Decrease of resolution and Blending Accuracy makes almost no sense - this give very small increase of FPS.