Need help buying new pc that can run pcsx2
(02-14-2013, 05:41 PM)Livy Wrote: Prebuilt PCs are always more expensive than building one of your own. The A4-5300 I said above is a Piledriver one. Its processing power is no match for an Ivy Bridge Celeron, but the GPU is enough for FFX at 2x resolution. Excluding the monitor and you'll only spend $300 for it.

You can always switch to Intel if you accept native resolution and plan to add a dedicated graphics card later.

I Think I will end up just building my own with what you said above thanks, but one more thing what about the operating system. That will be another $100 won't it?

Sponsored links

(02-14-2013, 01:31 PM)SixiK Wrote: Okay thanks. How does pcsx2 run with integrated graphics if it has a good cpu?

The CPU is responsible for emulation speed, while the GPU is responsible for resolution. If you have a powerful CPU, the game will run at full speed, but you can't expect a high resolution with an integrated GPU.

(02-15-2013, 12:56 AM)SixiK Wrote: I Think I will end up just building my own with what you said above thanks, but one more thing what about the operating system. That will be another $100 won't it?
There is little to no speed difference between XP, Vista, 7, and 8. An additional $100 for an OS for a $300 PC is not a good idea. We're poor, while Microsoft is too rich already. Tongue

Reminder: An Ivy Bridge Celeron (G16xx) at lower clockspeed performs 30-40% better than the A4-5300. The A4-5300 has far more powerful integrated graphics, however. If you buy the A4-5300 and get a dedicated graphics card later, the integrated GPU won't be used at all and you'll end up with a slow CPU. It's up to your consideration.
(02-15-2013, 03:45 AM)Livy Wrote: The CPU is responsible for emulation speed, while the GPU is responsible for resolution. If you have a powerful CPU, the game will run at full speed, but you can't expect a high resolution with an integrated GPU.

There is little to no speed difference between XP, Vista, 7, and 8. An additional $100 for an OS for a $300 PC is not a good idea. We're poor, while Microsoft is too rich already. Tongue

Reminder: An Ivy Bridge Celeron (G16xx) at lower clockspeed performs 30-40% better than the A4-5300. The A4-5300 has far more powerful integrated graphics, however. If you buy the A4-5300 and get a dedicated graphics card later, the integrated GPU won't be used at all and you'll end up with a slow CPU. It's up to your consideration.

What os would you recommend?
Can't go wrong with Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Also, it might be a good idea to spend more on the PSU. Nothing's worse than discovering your watts are too low when you want to upgrade your GPU.
I found this combo deal and was wondering how it would handle pcsx2 and if its a good build for the price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundl...bo.1189007