Need help choosing a laptop that will be able to flawlessly emulate most titles.
(01-10-2016, 10:20 AM)marios50 Wrote: Alright, I think I have found the sweet spot.

[Image: lAnmn4T.png?1]

If i disable SLI and use the one GTX 980M, that would be enough to render in 4k for pcsx2 right?

Maybe(and it depends on the game somewhat), but mobile GPUs apparently don't work with the oculus rift.

Sponsored links

I'm curious how a SLI work inside a laptop. To be efficient, GPU need to cooled down, beside alimentation is likely not designed to handle such a high power. So there is a high probability that SLI just throttle as hell.

Power constraint on a laptop will always be higher than a desktop. Save your money and buy a real destop in a couple of years Wink
(01-10-2016, 01:40 PM)gregory Wrote: I'm curious how a SLI work inside a laptop. To be efficient, GPU need to cooled down, beside alimentation is likely not designed to handle such a high power. So there is a high probability that SLI just throttle as hell.

Power constraint on a laptop will always be higher than a desktop. Save your money and buy a real destop in a couple of years Wink

There is a special modded BIOS that removes the throttling and temps seem to be fine from what I see from other users. 

Although I am a bit reluctant with the SLI setup and considering going just with the desktop 980. Also supports VR.

I'm torn Tongue

Basically I need to figure out if the one 980m can handle 4k just in case i go with the sli setup.
PCSx2 doesn't even use SLI if I remember correctly. as for 4K on PCSX2 I have no idea I haven't even tried on my older 660 ti. Which I am pretty sure would be a bottleneck anyways. Just waiting on my new case so I can start using my new 970. Case should be here today according to USPS