Need help configuring PCSX2 on this specific machine
Hello!
First post here, my pc is a 3Ghz, 16gb RAM, 2GB (almost) integrated video card, running Windows 7 (64bit), DirectX11 supported (tried OpenGl but it didn't work).
I've tried several versions of PCSX2, now I'm stable with 1.4.0 (after many retries with settings). It works well with some games like Tenchu 3, but with Tekken 4 it slows down to 70% or even more during certain parts of the game (where there are many shading effects like transparencies or deformed meshes like water). I'm fine with some frameskipping and even with lower resolution (can't go further than native resolution).

So, here's the questions:
- which version of the program is better for my machine ?
- which plugins should I use ?
- which settings (both for plugins and emulation settings like speed hacks, frame skipping, interpreter/recompiler, etc... ) should I give them?

Sorry if this sounds too specific, but I followed any guide on youtube, wikihow, etc.. and it didn't just work (probably because there are better machines or they're too generic).

Thanks in advance and also for this amazing emulator!

Sponsored links

3Ghz don't mean anything
It could be 15 years old cpu or one from this year and 3GHz also can mean nothing if the cpu don't have high single threaded performance
What is your cpu
Those games need a good gpu and since you are using integrated gpu,there is nothing much your can do
Your only hope is if your cpu is actually really good and use software mode in GSdx instead of hardware

If OGL don't work,it could mean that the cpu is old\weak with low end igpu
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It gave me this:
Code:
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
OpenGL information. GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family. Vendor: Intel. Driver: - Build
Failed to create a 3.x context
OpenGL 3.3 is not supported. Only OpenGL 3.1
was found Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: E:\Image.iso
Image type  = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2002288 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
OpenGL information. GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family. Vendor: Intel. Driver: - Build
Failed to create a 3.x context
OpenGL 3.3 is not supported. Only OpenGL 3.1
was foundClosing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
* SPU2-X: Waiting for DSound thread to finish... Done.
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
Well, it seems that my video card  doesn't fit just for 0.2 updates of OpenGl ....
no problem anyway (for now), I don't know why but after updating some drivers here it goes very smooth even without frameskipping, balanced pre-setting and of course native resolution (it just slows down badly if I try more than this).

Problem solved I guess, I just had to update / reinstall some drivers...