Need help fixing choppy sound in persona 4
Hi, Ive been trying to tweak the settings for persona 4. I'm using ZerosGS 97.1 and zerospu2 0.4.6 plugins. my fps is fine but ive been working on choppy sound during dialogue, I managed to fix this by enabling frame skip in cpu but then i get some graphical issues when before it was perfect graphics and choppy sound, the intro music works perfectly but its just the dialogue that im trying to work on.
Is there anyway to leave frame skip on and fix the graphics or is there some problem I'm not seeing. I have on board sound could that be the cause? Thanks for any help you could provide.

Edit: I have attached a picture of the graphical glitch I am having, so far it runs great and sounds great. the AA is just me testing different stuff, it still looks the same with aa off. thanks for the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I am playing this game with Pcsx2 0.9.6 r987, and no problems found so far...
My spec :
CPU : 2,4 Ghz
RAM : 2 Gbs
Graphic Card : 9600 Gt
Speedhack : 2x , tick all option from the right, VU Stealing (increase 1 , you shouldn't increase more --> it's just make game more slow - fps always say 60 (>_<) ).
CPU config : Normal (not Frame Skip)
Graphic Plugin : Gsdx (latest of course )
Sound Plugin : SPU-X
You should try 2 that plugins to solve your problems...
Hope it's would help ...
(05-18-2009, 02:22 PM)phikhanh Wrote: I am playing this game with Pcsx2 0.9.6 r987, and no problems found so far...
My spec :
CPU : 2,4 Ghz
RAM : 2 Gbs
Graphic Card : 9600 Gt
Speedhack : 2x , tick all option from the right, VU Stealing (increase 1 , you shouldn't increase more --> it's just make game more slow - fps always say 60 (>_<) ).
CPU config : Normal (not Frame Skip)
Graphic Plugin : Gsdx (latest of course )
Sound Plugin : SPU-X
You should try 2 that plugins to solve your problems...
Hope it's would help ...

Im also running a 9600 gt and i have a 2.3ghz 4400 amd dual core. Im running the beta version 1190. I switched back to the 0.9.6, I cant see the r987 anywhere. but i upated the gsdx to the latest and it told me i had to update directx, i did, then i loaded up, and the graphics are great, the only problem i have now is every second it does a brief pause.

The pause is in the audio/music, the scrolling graphics in the car igor is in does not pause. if the pause wasnt there the sound would be perfect i think. lol theres always something, so im working on that now, any idea what might be the problem? oh and again thanks.
Mostly your problem is your cpu, try to play that game in directx.10 mode if that can help you to gain more fps.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I will place my pcsx2 settings(for me both graphic and sound runs great)
1. First of all I had slowdowns in official pcsx2 0.9.6, I have switched it into beta 1059 and it's working A LOT FASTER(also EE cycle was fixed so it's not anymore making fmv's to chop even at x2 setting)
2. Here you have my most important settings:
gsdx 890 0.1.14 (Hardware, Pixel Shader 3.0, all options on without tv out, no native, 1024x768)
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
SPU2-X 1.1.0 (default settings)
FPS limit - 60
EERec/ MTGS - all on
Game fixes - VU Add Hack, VU Clip Hack for Persona(not working for me) - on
Speed Hacks - EEx2(IT WAS LAGGING IN PERSONA AT ORIGINAL 0.9.6 AT FMV'S), VU Cycle Stealing - off, All 4 hacks - on
Advanced - Flush and Denormals to Zero - on

After I have changed to 1059 beta I don't have to change EE to default all the time before watching FMV, now it's great working with no sound problems at x2. Plus the game also gets nice fps boost. For me it is like that:
-pcsx2 0.9.6(official):
Battles - 37-50(mostly ~45)
Town - 40-50(mostly ~45)
School - 50-60(mostly ~55)
-pcsx2 0.9.6 beta 1059
Battles - 46-60(mostly ~55)
Town - 50-55(mostly ~55)
School - 60+
All with fps limit set to 60
AMD X2 6000+ 3.0Ghz
Gigabyte GF 8600GT
2GB DDR 667