Need help for a new CPU
Hello!

I would like to request a new CPU under the socket LGA 2011 that would be able to run any games without speed hacks since the only games that I wasn't able to run properly was the Need for speed games and champion : return to arms.

My current specs are these :

CPU : Intel Xeon E5-2643V2
RAM : 12Gb 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast (Triple Channel)
GPU : HIS R9 290X
MoBo : ASRock X79 Extreme6

Thanks ^^
My specs atm :
[Image: yuex8r-4.png]

Sponsored links

Maybe I didn't get your question, but you have a nice (not cheap) system and you want to upgrade?
You insist on LGA 2011 which is quite expensive and only a couple of cpu's can be used with this.

I found 6 cpu's that you can use and that have a higher base clock rate than your current cpu. But there will probably not many changes regarding emulation. If you want to improve the results you would need to overclock which is - to my knowledge - not possible with xeon's.

Therefore there are 2 or 3 cpus named Intel Extreme i7 that you can buy. The best costs (as always) €1000 - probably the same in $. The second bests probably around 700...

Do you want to spend this money only for emulation of the need for speed series?
yea i know only a few cpu can be used on the LGA 2011 but the fact is that my current CPU isn't stable since I've been encoding/decoding all days on it. I will have a day or a another need to change the current CPU , that's why I asked.
My specs atm :
Intel i7 Extreme series are literally just slightly-modified Xeon's with unlocked multipliers. Those are about the only things you could replace your current chip with where it would make sense (as they would be overclockable.) As for which i7, it doesn't really matter since all the ones available on LGA 2011 are fast as hell in terms of ST power.
It's nice to hear since that would mean that there wouldn't be any big difference between CPUs on the LGA 2011 ^^

Thanks for the info Laugh
My specs atm :
I would not say that there is not a big difference between these processors. There can be some % difference.
The question is how much money you want to spend.
umm... let's say around 700$ at max
My specs atm :
Get one of the $500 i7 hexacores. E.g. i7-3930k. Same thing as the i7-3960k for example, just with a little less L3 cache and slightly lower clocks which you really wouldn't notice in any workloads anyway. The clock offset could be removed with simple overclocking.
I had that processor in mind ^^
with my Corsair H55 , it should be easy to overclock hehe
My specs atm :
But why not Ivy-bridge? So: Core i7-4xxK Extreme Edition

I think they cost almost the same (if one counts in $100-steps)