Need help from someone who understands PS2 and PCSX2 well
That means that your modification is causing the issue. If I were you, just use a save state instead. That's what I do when I play this demo. To fix this modification's side effect, the developers are going to have to debug the emulator and since you're going to be the only one whose using this modified demo, it would be pointless.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!

Sponsored links

(08-08-2019, 07:51 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: That means that your modification is causing the issue. If I were you, just use a save state instead. That's what I do when I play this demo. To fix this modification's side effect, the developers are going to have to debug the emulator and since you're going to be the only one whose using this modified demo, it would be pointless.
I repeat, my modification isn't what causes the TLB miss. The TLB miss occurs on an unmodified disc as well. What I'm trying to do here, is fix the TLB miss, which is proving to be very difficult. All I would need is someone who understands PS2 on a deep level, and would be capable to help me understand for example the address part of the error code, to try and see what could fix the issue. I don't understand PS2 and the MIPS system etc. too much, so I hope someone who does sees this.
Might be related to license tests. Rounding and Clamping changes are required to avoid TLB misses.
(08-09-2019, 04:43 AM)CK1 Wrote: Might be related to license tests. Rounding and Clamping changes are required to avoid TLB misses.
It's not at all. This is a demo that doesn't even contain license tests. Changing settings doesn't help, the issue is in the game executable, that doesn't run perfectly, as it doesn't need to anyways as it's supposed to boot to the browser.
The demo discs don't have any license tests. Just asking: Is this the fifth issue of the Offical Playstation 2 Magazine Demo collection? I have most, if not all of the demo discs of the Gran Turismo franchise, and only that disc has this problem. If so, that's how the OPS2M demos work in a real PS2 hardware.
PC Specs:
(08-09-2019, 05:18 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: The demo discs don't have any license tests. Just asking: Is this the fifth issue of the Offical Playstation 2 Magazine Demo collection? I have most, if not all of the demo discs of the Gran Turismo franchise, and only that disc has this problem. If so, that's how the OPS2M demos work in a real PS2 hardware.
Yes, it's the OPS2M 05 disc. The problem isn't normally a problem, as instead of returning to the menus the game would throw you into the memory card browser menu. But now that I'm trying to make the demo playable fully on it's own, it's a problem.
Have you tried fiddling around the EE settings? Sometimes when I get a weird emulation bug within PCSX2 that shouldn't be happening, I go to Interpreter within the IOP settings. If that doesn't work, submit a bug report. I'll help out on the report with testing.
PC Specs:
(08-09-2019, 06:23 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Have you tried fiddling around the EE settings? Sometimes when I get a weird emulation bug within PCSX2 that shouldn't be happening, I go to Interpreter within the IOP settings. If that doesn't work, submit a bug report. I'll help out on the report with testing.
I have, and no results. It's not an issue with emulation or PCSX2.
It should be an emulation bug as you said that it doesn't happen in a real PS2. I'm confused here. So here are the possible scenarios: Either this happens in both a real PS2 and PCSX2 (and that means that all OPS2M demo discs does this normally) or it happens in PCSX2 only (and PCSX2 isn't correctly emulating like it's supposed to like a real PS2). Which one is it?
PC Specs:
(08-09-2019, 07:01 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: It should be an emulation bug as you said that it doesn't happen in a real PS2. I'm confused here. So here are the possible scenarios: Either this happens in both a real PS2 and PCSX2 (and that means that all OPS2M demo discs does this normally) or it happens in PCSX2 only (and PCSX2 isn't correctly emulating like it's supposed to like a real PS2). Which one is it?
I never said it doesn't happen in a real PS2. I have just stated it's an issue on the disc. On a real console we couldn't even know if it happens, unless someone has a console for that which shows TLB misses and such. It's most likely an issue on the executable rather than PCSX2, considering that the game doesn't have to return to the menus at all, as it's anyways going to be booted to the browser menu. So no wonder the game has tlb misses when the exit command doesn't happen. (Although they happen normally anyways, but it doesn't matter.) I highly doubt that the issue is in the VOL file, leaving the executable really the only possible cause.