Need help getting PCSX2 to run properly (not a noob)
First off i'm trying to run Armored Core Silent Line. I have tried looking over the configuration guide over and over for several days tinkering and trying to get games to run properly but it seems that during the typical PS2 bootup sequence it lags like 1 or 2 FPS a second and sometimes based on configuration it doesnt do anything but flicker back between two frames. I got it to run Armored Core Silent Line once but it had a bunch of weird flickering of the screen.

I'm using virtual clone drive to mount a PS2 game image to my virtual E drive. Do you think maybe the ROM isn't compatable?

Attached is my DxDiag information so you can take look at what i'm running with. I'm not sure what other information you might need.

Also attached is a screenshot of what the ISO for Armored Core Silent Line looks like in case its the totally wrong ISO

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 35,21 KB / Downloads: 460)
.bmp   inside armoed core silent line iso.bmp (Size: 339,99 KB / Downloads: 332)

Sponsored links

Do not mount the ISO, use Linuz ISO cdvd plugin to load it instead.

What is your settings? Tried the latest beta?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-15-2010, 08:24 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Do not mount the ISO, use Linuz ISO cdvd plugin to load it instead.

What is your settings? Tried the latest beta?

I'm currently running PCSX2 0.9.6

When i run the game do i go to Run, execute?

BTW, i tried running it with CD mode Linuz or whatever and with the settings i posted below i got a startup screen that fluctuates between two frames. I went to Run > Execute to do it.

MY settings?

Graphics: GSDX SSE3 @ Direct3D9 hardware, pixel shader 2.0, no interlacing, alpha correction on.

Sound: SPU2 X

USA BIOS

CPU Settings: EERec, Multithread, Normal Frame Limiting, Custom FPS 30.

Edit: I noticed that in the compatability Armored Core Silent Line is compatable with PCSX2 0.9.2 will that have an effect?
Quote:I'm currently running PCSX2 0.9.6

You need to read this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...tion-guide
Focus in the CDVD section
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-15-2010, 08:48 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:I'm currently running PCSX2 0.9.6

You need to read this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...tion-guide
Focus in the CDVD section

Did that, ran it with Run CD/DVD just a black screen, attached is the log in the console, or part of it. Do you need to see the rest?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes I need to see a list with plugins used, settings of GS and SPU2 plugins, CPU,Advanced and Speed hack settings for PCSX2
Oh and your PC specs
(04-15-2010, 09:14 AM)Bositman Wrote: Yes I need to see a list with plugins used, settings of GS and SPU2 plugins, CPU,Advanced and Speed hack settings for PCSX2
Oh and your PC specs

LOL scroll up its there. Check the attachments and stuff.

DxDiag is my specs, my second post contains the settings i use. If you need more info on settings please tell me.
Whoops missed those Tongue
Set GSdx to DX10 software renderer, try booting it. If it works, set it to DX10 hardware afterwards.
If both of these fail, grab the 1888 beta of PCSX2 from here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
I like to be the 3rd person to suggest the latest beta. Seriously, it works great.
OK, bositman's first recommendation didnt work so i'm gonna try the new beta.

Here's hoping it works.