Need help getting my .hack infection game to run better
I need some help in figuring out how to get my game to run more smoother. at start up the screen is shacky and drops off screen down the the bottom and then starts up the game. it is slow and fast consistently and seems like its not on the right speed like the framerates aren't accurate. its also got a very low cpu usage.

Sponsored links

You should post your system specs. They may be a bit weaker.

Have you attempted to adjust any settings? Post what you've changed (screen shot work best).

Also, are you playing directly from the disc, or did you make an ISO and use that?
i have a ati radeon hd 3200/3600 graphics card with a AMD Phenom 9100e quad-core processor, upgraded to windows 7 64bit system. i'm running the game disc not an iso. i have messed with varies speed hack setting and frame skip settings and it seems to be a bit better when constant skipping is on. but nothing gets it entirely perfect. i have sorta got the shaky routine to stop when using the F5 key for the interlacing. i have tried Renderer: Direct3D10 (software) Direct3D10 (hardware) and Direct3D9 software and hardware. only other thing i haven't tried which might work and i just thought of it would be setting the compatibility mode for the program to run in a different one. anyways also not sure of how to get the screen shot routine to work and then knowing where the pic gets stored on my pc.
i copied and can paste the log though!

PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600 - compiled on Apr 27 2011
Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 3839 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ 9100e Quad-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
CPU speed = 1.799 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : C:\Users\Desktop\PS2 emulator folder\plugins\gsdx-sse2-r4600.dll
Windows 6.1.7600
ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series (8.17.10.1077)
Binding PAD : C:\Users\Desktop\PS2 emulator folder\plugins\lilypad-r4600.dll
Binding SPU2 : C:\Users\Desktop\PS2 emulator folder\plugins\spu2-x-r4600.dll
Binding CDVD : C:\Users\Desktop\PS2 emulator folder\plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : C:\Users\Desktop\PS2 emulator folder\plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : C:\Users\Desktop\PS2 emulator folder\plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : C:\Users\Desktop\PS2 emulator folder\plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 438ms)
Well, I'm gonna let you know that you do have a fairly weak system for PCSX2.

First, you'll want to make an image of the disc with ImgBurn. This can affect performance.

Use frame skipping if you must, but I wouldn't recommend it, personally.

Using a software renderer will likely be very slow, since your CPU does have a pretty low clockrate (1.8Ghz). Stick with the hardware renderers. Direct3D10 is usually better than 9.

Be sure and set a low internal resolution (i.e. check the box for "Native"). A Radeon HD 3600 isn't that bad, but let's not complicate things for now.

Apply Speedhacks until you get a decent enough speed (if you can), or until the game starts acting worse (a.k.a. the game "breaks"). You could try the Preset options for ease of use.

Do not be surprised if you can't achieve/maintain full speed.