Need help getting video to work in pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881 for linux
Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with Linux, but when PCSX2 crashes for me (Win7) and the "pcsx2.exe has stopped working" windows pops up, I can still look at the emulog window before I close PCSX2.

Sponsored links

Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with Linux, but when PCSX2 crashes for me (Win7) and the "pcsx2.exe has stopped working" windows pops up, I can still look at the emulog window before I close PCSX2.
(11-17-2010, 03:55 AM)Rezard Wrote: Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with Linux, but when PCSX2 crashes for me (Win7) and the "pcsx2.exe has stopped working" windows pops up, I can still look at the emulog window before I close PCSX2.

Ah, yeah, programs do that sometimes in Windows, don't they. >.>' Doesn't happen in linux, no. After trying to glimpse it a couple times now, though, it looks like it's saying "GFTAG error" or something like that? It's hard to read though, obviously.
Program do what sometimes in Windows? Crash? Apparently, it's not just Windows, eh? Tongue

Or do you mean that in Windows, you get this little window...
[Image: ztrouble.png]
...and a chance to minimize/move windows to see what happened...
[Image: zexample.png]

Like I said, I'm not very familiar with Linux. I don't rightfully know how it deals with programs crashing. I'm just saying, unless it simply clears the screen immediately and automatically, you might have the chance to see it for as long as you want. Just trying to help you get as much info as you can. I probably can't help you directly, but it may help someone else who can. Smile
What I meant was that sometimes the windows won't immediately clear away in Windows, and so you would be able to see the emulog. (In other words, what you showed in your screenshots.)

In linux, it simply clears the screen immediately and automatically. Typically programs will pour the kind of stuff that is in PCSX2's emulog into the terminal so that if you choose to run the program in terminal, you can see what happened even if it suddenly crashes and closes. Such is not the case for PCSX2, since it has its own separate log. >.>'
Yeah, actually the windows never clear away until I click "Close the Program".

Either way, there's always the "emuLog.txt" in the "logs" folder of PCSX2, right?
(11-17-2010, 04:42 AM)Rezard Wrote: Yeah, actually the windows never clear away until I click "Close the Program".

Either way, there's always the "emuLog.txt" in the "logs" folder of PCSX2, right?
Aha! So it did stuff that log away somewhere. I thought it was strange that it would have a emulog and not save it to a file somewhere in case it crashed.
OK. So here's the output. Looks like it was 'GIFTAG', not 'GFTAG'.

PCSX2 0.9.7.r0 - compiled on Oct 6 2010
Savestate version: 0x8b4c0000

x86-32 Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 5
x86Family = Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
CPU speed = 2.665 ghz
Cores = 0 physical [4 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0098e3fd
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2

Allocating memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881/plugins/libzzogl.so
Binding PAD : /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881/plugins/libonepad.so
Binding SPU2 : /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881/plugins/libzerospu2.so
Binding CDVD : /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881/plugins/libCDVDlinuz.so
Binding USB : /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881/plugins/libUSBnull.so
Binding FW : /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881/plugins/libFWnull.so
Binding DEV9 : /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881/plugins/libdev9null.so
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 8934 games on record (loaded in 226ms)
HLE Warning: ELF does not have a path!!

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Allocating memory for the PS2 virtual machine...
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/memcards/Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: /home/sn0w75/PCSX2/memcards/Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Version 1.0
Load Bios Warning: rom1 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: rom2 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: erom module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
GIFTAG error, size exceeded VU memory size 3ff
Are you using superVU? If so, try microVU.
(11-17-2010, 04:54 AM)Rezard Wrote: Are you using superVU? If so, try microVU.
Nope I'm using the default microVU Recompilers for both VU0 and VU1. I tried switching to Super and Interpreter for the heck of it, but neither changed the GIFTAG error.
Hmmm, that's the only "quick fix" I could find regarding that error. Not even sure if that guy knows what he's talkin' about. LOL

I did try seaching on that error. I found myself on the google code site reading on an issue that included this error (mentioned several times, that is). It seemed to more about regression after r3274. Maybe you could try an earlier revision to avoid the error.

Also, someone there said they had the same error, but the game worked normally. So, maybe the "GIFTAG error" isn't actually what's keeping it from working.

You might just have to wait (or check back) for someone (like rama, Air or refraction) to bring further light to this.